2

It was 7:55, and the three of you sat together in the spacious lecture hall. Thankfully, as soon as you three made it to class, that's when everyone else began piling in. So there were plenty of seats when you arrived. Sitting in between Yuuji and Megumi, you take out your binder and pencil pouch from your backpack and set them on the little table that's provided. Out of nowhere, Yuuji gasped, and you immediately turned to him, with him staring at your binder.

"I completely forgot to bring paper!" Yuuji put his hands together and continued, "(y/n), can I please borrow some!"

Giggling at him, you said 'sure' and gave him a good stack of paper sheets for him to have. Yuuji hasn't mentioned if he has other classes planned for today, so it's best to give him an appropriate amount of paper just in case.

"You're so awesome, thank you so much! You literally saved my life!"

"You really forgot to bring paper on the first day of class, idiot?"

"I was too excited about getting breakfast! Everyone has days like that!"

Megumi sighed, followed by also taking out his things from his backpack. As soon as he took out a notebook, he froze with a blank look on his face. Both you and Yuuji took notice of this, so you asked him what was wrong while Yuuji raised his eyebrow.

"I...uh...forgot my pencils...," Megumi quietly said, looking away from the two of you. Yuuji bursted out laughing and crossed his arms.

"Who's the idiot now!"

"Still you."

He was still looking away from you two, furrowing his eyebrows. Without Megumi even asking to borrow a writing utensil, you had already opened up your pencil pouch again. You set an extra pencil that you had on his table and gave you the slightest yet soft smile in return.

"Thanks, (y/n)."

Yuuji was still giggling at him, which resulted in another glare from Megumi before turning away again.

"Um, excuse me."

You heard a soft voice from behind you, but unsure if that was directed to you, you ignored it. You then felt a finger lightly tap on your shoulder that time, so you knew for sure that the person was talking to you. Turning your head, you saw a boy with black hair covering the right half of his face. Smiling at him, you answered.

Okay, I need to calm down. I could answer to a complete stranger without stuttering. Let's do this.

"W-what's up?"

Dammit.

He reciprocated the smile with his eyes closed and asked, "Is it possible to borrow a pencil from you? I seemed to have misplaced my pencil pouch..."

The boy muttered the second half, so you couldn't make out what he had said, but nonetheless, you were happy to loan him one. Thank goodness you packed extra materials for today.

"Sure! Here you go."

As you handed him a pencil, Yuuji took a break from laughing at Megumi and turned his head to see who you were talking to. His eyes widened slightly as he recognized who the boy was. Megumi was still embarrassed at the pencil situation, so he was indifferent about who you two were talking to and just stared at the wall, with his chin resting on his hand.

"Hey! I saw you at the convenience store before I got here! You were with a group of people, right?"

You stared at Yuuji before looking back at the other boy, curious to see if he was actually the person Yuuji was talking about. The boy directed his attention at Yuuji and nodded, ready to end the conversation right then and there. Yuuji noticed the internalized tension the boy was emitting; however, he still continued talking to him while you tried to stay silent.