Chapter 15 : Look who's coming to breakfast

Hey everyone !! So this chapter is gonna have some Spanish and Sicilian or Italian in this chapter. I'm going to put the meanings at the end ...maybe . okay enjoy ! Oh I made up a name for Lana's mom . I can't find her name on Google and I don't think want t exactly cuz thats a bit stalkerish, andd Its not like im writing a biography.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I woke up to Mariam screaming and a loud crash, that I really hope isn't my favourite mug. Sighing, I rolled out of bed , mindful of Alfredo's sleeping form, to find out what happened." What is she up too?"

********************************************************************************************************************

I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water, all the screaming and singing I did last night came back to bite me in the behind. " Ahhh !! " I screamed when I saw a figure standing by the stove.

The person dropped what looked like Mom's favourite mug and turned around. " Merda ! Mariam dio mio ! You scared me ." Nonna exclaimed resting a hand on her chest.

"Nonna ! " I hugged the woman ,who I came to love over time, " What are you doing here, in Vancouver I mean ?" I asked tilting my head back to look at her.I stepped away from , squinting suspiciousy at her , " Nonna how'd you get in ?"

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Walking into the kitchen ,I heard Mariam ask someone who sounded like my mother how they had gotten in. " Yes Mami how did you get in ? " I asked standing behind Mariam with my hands on my hips.

"Nice to see you too Lana. My youngest child doesn't want me too see the grandchildren I've been waiting forever for. " Mother said pouting over Mariam's head , as she hugged her to her chest. Mariam looked at me and rolled her eyes playfully.

I was still glaring at my mother when Jen walked into the kitchen. "Hey guys...." Jen trailed off ,her hand brushing back a mess of tangled blonde curls.

"Jennifer darling , how are you ? " My mother asked completely ignoring me .

"Hi Mrs. Parrilla." Jen says as she hugged my mother, " I didn't know you were here last night ."

"She wasn't .." I mumbled , still glaring at my mother.

"Now Jennifer , call me Janet. And Lana I can always leave if your uncomfortable with my being here." my mother pouted yet again.

" Realmente mami? !! ¿Estás tratando de culpa me tropezar? Are you serious?"

Mariam chuckled in the corner and tried unsuccessfully to cover it up with a cough,when I sent a glare her way. "Yeah...umm I'm gonna go see Dad." Mariam mumbled ,pulling Jen out the kitchen with her.

"Lana , you know I don't speak Spanish that well." My mother said , her back turned to me as she continued cooking.

I sighed, running my hands through messing hair. " I'm sorry Mami. But can you please, I beg you please call us before you fly out from Brooklyn to Vancouver ? Really, Mami. What if Alfredo and I were in the house alone, getting reacquainted ? " I said raising my eyebrows.

"Oh please Lana, you and Alfredo could be having sex on the kitchen counter for all I care." My mother rolled her eyes.

" O dios mio! Mami callate !" I screamed scandalized my facing burning with embarrassment.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Oh my goodness Nonna is so crazy. I swear to god she scared the fudge cake out of me. Just as I was walking into the guest room to talk to Jen , I saw Dad walking towards the kitchen.

"Daddy, if I were you I wouldn't go in there. Mom and Nonna are having a little fight."

"Janet is here ? How'd she get in ?" Dad asked perplexed.

"She made a copy of the house keys and scared the living day lights out of Mom and I. Oh and she broke Mom's cup." At Dad's wide eyed expression, I continued, " Yeah the Evil Queen one."

Dad mumbled what sounded like an Italian curse . I need to learn Italian." Okay I'll leave them, but if they get any louder, I'm intervening." Dad said walking into Bella's nursery.

"Jen ?" I asked knocking the door. Said door flew open and she pulled me into the room. Jen sat on the bed hunched over, shoulders shaking. "Uh Jen you okay ? "

She looked at me panting slightly from holding in her laughter and said , " Your grandmother is hilarious.

"Yeah I know .. she scared me half to death . Hopefully they'll settle it out ..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alfredo ! My mother is crazy ! " I whispered to him fierley as I joined him in the shower.

"But cara , we already knew that . " he chuckled, wrapping his long arms around my waist."

"Oh god... Alfredo , she tried to guilt trip me . I can't believe she said those things . O dios mio " I laughed into his shoulder, water from the shower head running down my nose.

"Mmhmm." Alfredo murmured ,hisbhands wandering.

"Alfredo,my mother is downstairs in the kitchen. We cannot and we wil not ..." Alfredo cut me off with a nip to the lips.

"Then you'll just have to be quiet . " he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oi just shut up and kiss me ."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wonder what's taking them so long." I said loking at Nonna who raised her eyebrows at me in answer and folded her hands on the dining room table smugly.

"Oh eww ..okay way too much info. I didn't need to know that . " I said wrinkling my nose in distaste and overing my eyes."

"Didn't need to know what ? " Mom asked walking in hand in hand with Dad.

"Nothing ! " I said hurriedly .oh ewwwww .

"Mami why are you looking at me like that ? " Mom asked , eyebrows meeting in confusion.

"Like what cara ?"

Jen barely covered her snort of laughter in her mug of coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is wrong with these people ? You would think that they knew ....oh . My mother looked at me innocently as she chewed a forkful of eggs " Did you manage to cool down Lana ?"

My cheeks burned red as I sowled at my mother. Mariam, Jen and Alfredo all started to laugh.

"This is not funny. "

"Lana, I told you to be quiet ." Alfredo whispered not so quietly.

I looked at Alfredo in horror and buried my face in my hands. "you guys are horrible."

"Oh goodness. Okay I'm finished, my imagination is way too vivid for this ." Mariam laughed wiping away tears as she leaned against Jen who was clutching he stomach and howling with laughter.

"LP you know I love you " She laughed again

"Whatever Jen "

My mother all the face of innocence looked at me and said , " You're used to tell me that I was a screamer, its seems that you inherited that trait."

"I'm gonna be sarred for life ." Mariam laughed around her cup of juice.

"Oh my god . I love this family ." Jen laughed so hard she fell off the chair.

Meanwhile , Bella sat in her rocking seat looking at us like we were crazy. " Bella I'm so sorry " I laughed , pcking her up and hiding my burning cheeks in the crook of her chubby neck. My crazy ass family .