Chapter 4: Freddi 's Home

" Okay Mariam , I kind of forgot that Alfredo was coming home today... but I'll figure everthing out okay . " I said in a hushed whisper.

It took almost two hours to explain Mariam's situation to Alfredo.  " She doesn't have a family ? " He asked raising a thick eyebrow.

" No Alfredo she doesn't . She showed me the news paper clipping . A year after her parents abandoned her , there was a huge house fire . Everyone died including the boy who did this to her . She doesn't have anyone. I want her to stay Alfredo. "

" Cara your heart is too big , " he sighed ," But that is one of the reasons I love you. "

" Thank you for understanding ." I said as I gave him a quick kiss. " Oh and about the pregnancy test .... Nobody 's pregnant . "

"Okayyyy so lets meet this Mariam Sanchez . "

Excitedly I got up to get Mariam. As I walked into her room which was across from Alredo's and I's I heard what sounded like muffled cries. " Cariño ?  What's wrong ? , " I questioned as I walked into the room .

" Are you going to send me away ? " she said wiping away sad tears.

"No I would never . Why would you think that ? " I said as I sat next to her in the corner , " Cariño we would love if you stayed here . I want to take care of you , and if its Freddie you're scared of .... well he's a big teddy bear . He would never hurt you cariño. You are safe with us . " I said as I brushed her tears away and embraced her in a hug. " Ok are we done with the tears ? You're starting to make me sad. I had enough tears and sadness today to last me a whole year. "

"Well what's this ? What's with all the tears ? " Alfredo said as he planted a kiss on my temple and sat next to Mariam. I playfully swatted him away , blushing.

" Hello Mariam , I've heard alot about you recently.  I'm Alfredo, but you can call me Freddi . " he paused and smiled brightly , " welcome to the family.

Mariam dipped her head shyly,making her wavy brown hair fall over her face. " Hello Freddi , and thank you for accepting me."

I clapped my hands together and said , " Well everybody , I think had enough adventures today ... time to get some shut eye . Cuz I'm tired. "

After Alfredo left Mariam's room, I turned and gave her one last reassuring hug. " If you need anything just call or knock on my door. Our room is just down the hall. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still can't believe that this is happening to me. Today has been such a hectic and amazing day all at the same time. As I walk into the bathroom across the hall and to left of my room - that sounds so weird ... my room - I feel a wetness run down my thigh. Appearently mother nature decided to confirm that I wasn't pregnant. Quickly, I sprint the rest of the distance to the bathroom and clean myself up only to realize that I don't have any pads. " Oh great "

After putting my clothes back on , I go to Lana and Freddi's room , only to see the two of them in a full blown make out session. " Oh my gosh! ," I said after turning around and covering my face,"  I swear I didn't see anything ." I yelled out as I ran back into the bathroom.

"Mariam ! where are you ? " Lana calked after me .

" In the bathroom ! " came my muffled reply.

"Oh gosh Cariño , I'm sorry , I should have closed the door. "

"What are you saying sorry for ? Its your house. Its just that its so different from on tv .... seeing somebody making out on a screen and then seeing it in front of you ... gosh " If Lana's face could getting any redder it did.

Lana rolled her eyes then looked down at my legs . " Uhhhhmmm Mariam, you have blood running down your leg. "

It was my turn to flush ridiculosly  when I realized that I was only ina towel with blood running down my leg. I quickly stepped into the shower.

"Um yeah I.. Uh thats what I was going to ask you. Do you happen to have any pads? " I said my face becoming beet red.

"Yeah , give me your clothes ,let me wash them . I'll be right back." she said holding back her laughter. " I'll get you something to wear too. "

After the bathroom incident, everyone finally went to bed. As I lay in my newly obtained bed , I silently thanked god for people like Lana and Freddi.

The next  morning, I woke up bewildered. I momentarily forgot where I was. I got out of bed and seeing yesterday's clothes sitting neatly on the chair by my bed. After washing up and getting dressed , I made my way into the kitchen. I have about 3 hour to make breakfast before everyone wakes up.

I was busy putting the finishing touches on the pancakes when Lana walked in rubbing her eye sleepily.  "Woah... where did all this food come from? " she said brushing her messy bed head hair away from her face.

"From your fridge ." I answered cheekily.

"You made all of this ?! You didn't have to go through all this trouble . "

"What trouble ? It was nothing . " I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Good morning ladies ........ uh are we having people over ? " Freddi asked scratching his head.

"Maybe I did you to far ..." I said trailing off looking at the big stqck of pancakes , bowls of fruit salad,platters of eggs , toast, suasages ,the mug of freshly squeezed orange juice and the pot of coffee spread out on the counter.

"You think ! " Lana and Freddi laughed .

" Oh hush and lets eat ! " I said blushing to my roots.