Chapter 8: Mother, Father and a Baby ? (part 1)

We had so much fun with Gabby in the two weeks she stayed with us. Mariam and Gabby got along so well; it was the cutest thing to see them playing with Freddi. I'm gonna miss my neice so much. Lilley came to pick her up yesterday to go back to NewYork. I was so exhausted from babysitting that I passed out for almost two days straight with Mariam. I scheduled a doctors appointment today because I've been feeling under the weather lately and I don't understand why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mariam get dressed! We are going out . " Freddi said opening my bedroom door after Lana left for te doctors. " Why? Were are we going on a Saturday morning? " I questioned, closing my pink apple laptop.

"We are going to get ice cream for breakfast ! " Freddi exclaimed excitedly. " Um Freddi , you do know that its only 9:30 right? Its way to early and way to cold for ice cream. " I said matter of factly ,and grabbing my thick woolly sweater, " Lana's gonna freak. "

We went to Waffle House in Downtown Vancouver.This restaurant has the best waffles ever !!! After we finished eating we ordered red velvet waffles for Lana. By the time we got back home it was 11 am. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Congratulations Lana ! You are going to be a wonderful mother . " My doctor Eva said enthusiastically. 

I looked up at Eva dumbfounded." Are you sure? " I asked weakly. Eva gave me a look that asked if I doubted her knowledge. "Look Lana , as a friend I say that you're going to be an awesome mom. I mean look at Mariam , se went through so much at such a young age and she's perfectly fine now . Why ? Because you helped her . Being a mom comes naturally to you. You'll be alright."

After getting my perscription for pre-natal vitamins I went home. When I walked in the house no one  was there. Mariam left a note on the refrigerator:  How was your doctor's appointment ? we went out for breakfast , we'll bring you back something don't worry . Lot's O Love !!! :* :D - Mariam and dad.  I quickly went over the note and sure enough it was signed Mariam and Dad at the end in her hand writing. I'm finally getting the family that I always wanted. After changing my clothes , I found mysef on the couch crying. Hearing the keys in the door , I tried to wipe away my river of tears.

"Lana ! Look what we got you . " Mariam said putting a back of waffles on my lap before sitting on the couch next to me and engulfing me in a hug. " Lana , what's wrong ? Were you crying ?" she asked, her perfect arched eybrows pulling together in confusion, while she brushed my messy hair from my forehead. I nodded my head yes while wiping my tear streaked face, " They are happy tears. " I assured Mariam.

"Okay so why are you crying happy tears cara mia ? " Freddi asked coming to sit on the other side of me. Sitting back on the couch,I turned towards Mariam and then Freddi. Touching his cheek, I whispered, " I'm pregnant Freddi." In one hand I held a pregnancy test and in the other , I held Mariam's adoption papers, that Freddi and I have been trying to get for the past couple of months. " I know we haven't talked much about it , but I think its time we made this family oficial . " I said handing Mariam the adoption papers.