Chapter 5: Vancouver here we come

The past month or so with Lana and Freddi has been amazing. Everyday we had dinner together and on Sundays we would watch Once upon a time .That was really weird for me. Every time Lana's face appeared on screen alongside her co-star Sean Maguire , who plays Robin Hood, I would scream and root for them , while Freddi would playfully mutter that he was "wayyy better looking than Robin Hood."

On the tenth, which was the second week in september, Lana came into my room with a suitcase . "Are you going somewhere ? " I asked looking up from my work. I had decided to start taking online college classes instead of going back to Highschool. " No WE are going to Vancouver ! " she said flopping onto my bed. " The new season of ouat is coming out soon and I need to go back to Vancouver to finish shooting. And I want you to meet my cast family. So get packing"

And thats how I ended up in JFK airport with a new suitcase filled with new clothes and belongings I had aquired over the month.Its a god thing I brought all my identfication with me when I left Chicago.

Pastport in hand, I trailed behind Lana and into firstclass . After getting settled in I looked at Lana, " I've never been on a plane before.." " Are you scared ? " " About this much " I said indicating with my thumb and index finger. " You want to hold my hand ? " I think I squeezed the life out of Lana's hand. "Sorry." "No problem." She said rubbing her hand. The rest of the plane ride went smoothly.

After the five hour flight, a car came to take us to Lana's house i Vancouver. When we finished unpacking and settling in , we fell asleep exhausted on the couch.

The next morning I woke up groggy and jet laged . With a sudden urge to go to the bathroom I tried to get up, but my efforts were hindered by Lana's legs. I sat half way up and looked at our entangled bodies. It looked like we were playing twister . " Lanaaaaa " I said rubbing my eye.

" Whaat go back to sleep. " she croaked sleepily. Somebody was not a morning person. " I have to go to the bathroom and your legs are trapping me ."

Lana picked her head up and looked at her legs trapping my torso. I stifled a laugh. She looked at me with a sleeply frown. " Whats so funny ? " " You should see your face . " I said laughing. She had a bunch of tiny lines running down and across her left cheek from sleeping on the couch. " whats on my face ?! Mariam its not that funny. " She jumped up and ran to the bathroom . " Hey I was going in there ! " I said running after her. We both raced to the bathroom and playfully pushed eachother from the door. ' Okay okay I'm done . I really need to pee though. Lets just go in together . " I said out of breath and desperate to use the toilet. Lana shrugged "don't mind me ."

After our bathroom episode we washed up and got dressed (not together) when the bell rang. " I looked up from my book ," Who's that Lana ?" Lana's eyes went wide ," oh shoot I forgot that I invited some of the cast over.

"What do you mean you forgot ?! " I whispher yelled . " Its ok they're going to love you ." Lana said happily as she went to open the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't wait for everyone to meet Mariam.I sprinted to the door throwing Mariam a smile over my shoulder, which she playfully rolled her eyes to. I opened the door, " Lana !!! " everyone yelled happily. "Come in you guys its cold." " I missed you guys so much ," I said giving everyone a hug, " where's Emillie and Josh ? "

"Emilie couldn't make it . As for Josh I don't know. "Jennifer said taking her shoes off.

"Ginny !! " " In the kitchen with Collin and Robert. " She called out. "Oh hey guys . Hey Ginny , where's Prince Charming and the baby ? " I said joking as I walked into the kitchen.

"They are out on a daddy and son day , so that Mommy ,"she said pointing to herself and smiling widely , " can have a day off. " Lana did you ake this pound cake ? Its delicious. " Collin asked in his thick Irish brawl.

" No I didn't actually , Mariam made it "

"Well I need to find this Mariam and give her a kiss for making such delicious pound cake. " Collin smirked. " Where Is she ? "

"I'm right here ." Mariam said shyly leaning on the arched entrance of the kitchen.

" Mariam came from NY with me.In the short time that we've kown eachother we've become like sisters."

"Welcome to the OUAT family . I'm Gennifer but everyone calls me Ginny."

Mariam looked at me and laughed .Catching the joke , I laughed along." When I Introduced myself to Mariam she asked me why when almost everyone knows my name. She said it doesn't make any sense to introduce yourself , when people already know your name."

"I guess we do it to at seem a little normal. " Collin said " And I do belive that I promised the cook a kiss "

Mariam's eyes went wide and she blushed furiously. " You really don't hav , " she started but was cut off by Collin kissing her on the cheek. If it was possible , she blushed even more.

I smiled secretly to myself . That was too cute. Once everyone was settled with some form of food and drinks, the guys moved to the livingroom to watch soccer, while us girls stayed in the kitchen. Jen and Ginny were seated at the island bar , while Mariam was standing on the counter-top behind them rummaging in the cabinets looking for something. "Uhhh Mariam... " I laughed ,"What are you looking for ?"

" OH MY GODD I can't believe it !!! " She yelled jumping off of the counter. " What happened ? " I said absolutely perplexed. " I think the boys ate all of her ritz crackers. " Ginny said taking a deck of UNO cards from her bag.

"Oh no you guys don't understand. Mariam is addicted to those things. " I explained," MariamI think you have another pack in your suitcase. Its in the closet." Mariam ran into the bedroom , " Yesss!!!!! Oh thank goodness." She ran back into the kitchen holding a bag of Ritz baked cheese crackers. " Lana , You don't even understand how much I love you right now. " she said engulfing me in a hug

Jen and Ginny sat there cracking up. " Hey who wants to play? " Ginny said after her laughter died down, shuffling a stack a UNO cards like she was in a casino. " Ooh I do , " Mariam said in between mouthfuls of crackers," I love uno! I used to play all the time when I was younger. I'm like the UNO queen." She countined excitedly.

"Okay UNO Queen," Jen said , dealing out the cards ," whoever wins gets bragging rites. " "And by bragging rites, do you ean just between us or can I brag on social media ? " Mariam said pointing a cheesing finger at Jen. "You can go all out . It is your choice. Oh and if you lose you have to make dinner for everyone. Deal? " Jen said offering her hand to shake.

After everyone shook , we began our game.It was like a game of poker minus the money. Almost a half hour later, the game ended. I ended up winning first, Ginny second and Jen third,leaving Mariam with six UNO cards . "Soo Mariam ," I said grinning victoriously and putting on a savvy voice ," What's for dinner ?" Ginny , Jen and I busted out laughing at Mariam's pout.

"Are we invited to the party ?" Robert asked with Collin trailing behind. "There's no party. Just a friendly game of UNO. And because Mariam lost .... she has to make us dinner." Ginny explained " Alright !!! My stomach's ready for anything that lass cooks. " Collin said rubbing his stomach excitedly. " Oh gosh Collin stop. I have never seen this poor girl blush so much in all the time I've known her." I said laughing

Mariam, still blushing slightly asked us what we wanted to eat. Half of us wanted French the other half wanted Italian. " Okay .. I can work with that. " When Mariam finished scribbling ,she kicked us out the kitchen. Popping her head back into the living room , she said , " Lana call Freddi . You haven't talked to him all day . Tell him I said hi. "

Two hours later , Mariam presented us with two cheese pizzas topped with fresh herbs. After we polished off the pizza Mariam went to get dessert. " And I present to you - " She paused for effect before giving us our plates, " France !" "What is it ?" Collin said taking a bite. " Its French toast . But I used the pound cake from earlier instead of regular bread, partially because we didn't have any. And its topped with butter pecan icecream.

After dinner , we talked some more but it was getting late so every one said there goodbyes and left. " Today was awesome ! " Mariam said before she threw herself onto the couch.