Chap 3

Hey guys it's been a while but as you know I've been working on the Toph x fem reader so it's hard to come around for this one but after 2 months it's here, I hope you enjoy because It was a bit of a pain to make haha. but I still enjoyed it 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The threats from Amon have sent the city into a massive panic, even the council have been in a state of worry. This of course set the city into even more of a panic which just made more work for the police department, aka (Y/N). The past couple weeks had been stressful filling out many reports and going on many cases, the most important one needing to be filled out was the Avatar finding out that Amon could take people's bending away.

To (Y/N) it wasn't too bad but the thought was still terrifying, it also made her worry about Lin. She trusted the woman with her life and she knew she could protect herself, but the thought of her losing her bending would devastated her. So while (Y/N) sat here doing paperwork her girlfriend was out there fighting equalists, she was stuck here, the very thought of not being out on the field for such a big case made her tense and bounced her leg up and down. But her thoughts were soon interrupted by an officer calling for her. This was going to be a long day...

Many cases were filed and she barely got to see Lin at all, even for their daily talks or lunch and even if she may have, the distressed look on Lin's face would have just made her worry more. The stress was going to her head and it was more evident that by lunch time she looked barely alive just sipping coffee out of a mug with an arm placed gently on the table and her cheek resting against her hand, officers gave her concerned looks including Commander Ren who even snapped his fingers in front of her face "Hey! You in there" He said as (Y/N) jolted up and looked sound as if she had just seen a ghost before looking towards the commander "Oh! Commander!" she cleaned the look from her face and took another long sip of coffee.

While Ren just crossed his arms looking at (Y/N) with a raised eyebrow "You don't look good, maybe you should actually do your job" He sassily comments, while (Y/N) just glared at him "For your information it's my lunch break Commander and what about you and your group of slack offs? Aren't you supposed to be working on a case" She crossed her arms as well giving him a sour look, the two just staring at each other until Jade walked in using a bit of earthbending to push the two apart "okay you two, we don't need another fight...."

With that comment the commander huffed and walked away, (Y/N) sighed but glared at Jade "I told you not to bring that up, I'm lucky that i have a particular someone on my side" to which the girl rolled her eyes and sat down at a table. (Y/N) sat to join her as the two chatted away about small things, the day hadn't been the best for either of them so that was something they could at least laugh about. But soon enough it was back to work.

The hours ticked on and (y/n) had been called to a couple crime scenes during that time but nothing major had occurred, just the usual. By now she had been able to at least see her beautiful grey haired girlfriend, but that was for a brief moment as she huddled back into her office with a stern look on her face. Of course (y/N) saw through it and saw how stressed and overworked she had been lately of people constantly being attacked, because of the craziness Lin had been a little more touchy with (Y/N) at home. It was her way of calming down when she was either stressed, nervous or both, Lin had always done this even before they even dated.

Soon enough the day was over and (y/N) decided to pay her girlfriend a visit before leaving for the night, with a soft knock she walked in to see Lin hunched over gripping her head in anger "You have five seconds to explain why you're here. Or I will make sure you'll be fired by tomorrow" (Y/N) let out a small laugh knowing she must have thought it was an officer instead of her "You're going to fire your Force Captain? I'm hurt" Lin quickly raised her head to see (Y/N) leaning against the wall with a small smile "Oh it's just you." Lin said sheepishly.