Prologue

If someone were to have told Anastasia Redwood that she would become a street rat a year ago, she would've laughed.

But that's what had become of the frail girl.

As if someone could walk on by and accidentally snap her in half.

To add to her small complexion, she was also short for her age. Not by a lot, but enough for there to be a noticeable height difference.

Even if she was short, she was extremely pretty. No doubt to grow into a beautiful young lady when she grew up. But that was for the future.

As of now, she was currently hiding behind a dumpster. That's what had become of the girl.

She fended for herself on the streets of New York, doing what she needed to survive.

"You must be around here somewhere!" a deep voice growled.

The bulls had been chasing her for a while now. She had made the stupid mistake of underestimating that man's attention span before pick-pocketing him.

Anastasia's breath became heavy as she pressed her back flush against the dumpster she hid behind.

She closed her eyes, trying to steady her breath.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Fi—

"There you are!" he shouted, picking the small girl up by the back of her shirt.

Well, frick.

Anastasia shrieked and kicked, crying for him to let go of her, as he started to drag her out of the alleyway.

"Shoulda thought more carefully 'fore stealing you little vermin," the cop snapped in frustration.

Anastasia, however continued to kick and cry.

"Hey! What're you doing?" the bold voice of a small, but older boy rang out.

"Mind your own business kid!" the man grunted.

"Leave the girl alone!" He crossed his arms, holding his head up with an air of defiance.

"Kid—"

"Jack! Jack where are you?" a worried voice called out.

"Leave the girl alone!" the boy shouted, pointing a finger at the cop. [] (ah, finally found where you put your brackets)

And with that, he did something that made Anastasia's eyes widen.

He jumped with all his might at the police officer.

"Jack!" The same voice of surprise reverberated through the alley.

But 'Jack' was too busy fighting the officer who dropped Anastasia roughly to the ground.

"Oh god, are you okay?" Anastasia looked up to see a boy a little older than her, leaning on a crutch.

"I— I'm okay," she said softly.

"Jack!" The boys' eyes filled with alarm, staring at something behind Anastasia.

Anastasia spun on her heel just in time to see Jack knock out the police officer.

"I got everything handled." The boy, Jack, smirked.

Anastasia slowly backed away.

"Hey, I ain't gonna hurt you." His cheeky smirk slipped into a soft smile.

"Yeah!" The boy with a crutch agreed, both of the boys were taller than her, so it didn't help that they had to look down at her.

"I'm Jack, Jack Kelly." Jack stuck out his hand for her to shake, in which the small girl shook it softly.

"I— I'm Anastasia Redwood."

Jack grinned.

"And I'm Crutchie!" the boy with the crutch exclaimed. "Don't forget about me!"

That's a wrap for this chaotic Sunday lol.

Anyway, in between posting me and Beta are fighting over brain cells.

HERE ARE HOW MINE ARE.

Me and Beta collectively share one. We used to fight over who has it but we ended up splitting it.

My friends Ally and Maddy use to share one equally until we decided that one braincell between to two of them is too much, so now Ally has a forth, Maddy has a forth, and I have a half.

Paul pitied me so he gave me a forth of his.

And Davey gave me some braincells.

So yeh.....

BRAINSSSSS

Anyway,

before you go

don't forget too....

VOTE!

SELL YA PAPES!

COMMENT!

FIGHT MONSTERS!

SAVE THE WORLD!

And try not to die!

This is Izzy,
Over and out!