Chapter 23: Take Me Out To The Races

(I'm not using full song)

"Remember when we used to go down here all the time?!" Race laughed joyfully. "It's been a million years."

"We're not that old." Anastasia rolled her eyes playfully.

"You're that old." Race joked, still frolicking around as if he was in a field of daisy's.

"Well, since I'm a year younger, than you're a million and one." Anastasia stuck her tongue out.

"You still have an infinite supply of come backs." Race shook his head.

"And you still have an infinite supply of stupidity." Anastasia retorted back.

"Hey! That's not nice!" Race whined.

"What are you, twelve?" Anastasia snorted.

"At least I don't look like I'm twelve!" Race huffed.

"What?! I do not look like I am twelve!" Anastasia glared lightly.

"Nah, you look nine!" Race grinned, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Excuse me!?"

"I'm just kidding!" Race put his hands up. "Jeez! And drop the glare! Youse too sunshiny and rainbows for it."

"You're not helping your case." Anastasia smile mischievously, crossing her arms.

"I know."

~~~~~~📰~~~~~~

"Who are ya bettin' on?" Race questioned, fiddling with his cigar.

"Buckwheat," Anastasia grinned, flipping a dime.

"I'll go with Dasher then." Race smirked. "Prepare to lose Stasia. You may be the leader of Queens, but I'm the king of the Sheepshead Bay Races."

"We came all the way to lower Brooklyn Racer." Anastasia crossed her arms. "There ain't no way I'm losing Mr. King of New York."

"Huh, I like that better." Race smiled.

~~~~~~📰~~~~~~

"You cheated!" Race whined.

"Quit being a sore loser!" Anastasia laughed.

"Yeah yeah yeah," Race huffed.

Anastasia's eyes locked on a clock tower in the back.

"Shoot, gotta run." Anastasia adjusted her newsie cap. "Me, the new kids, and that reporter are convincing Jackie to rejoin the strike."

"Good luck Stais, Jack can be just as stubborn as me," Race sighed.

"I had fun today though," Anastasia grinned. "Thanks Racer," she went on the tips of her toes to kiss his cheek before leaving.

"Y- yeah," Race touched his cheek. "No- no problem." He watched as the blue-eyed girl took off.

"That's a good goil ya got there. If you don't make a move then I will."

Race did a double take, spinning around.

"You're not even straight Spot." And suddenly Race's eyes met Spot Conlon. [he's g A y] [sorry spot fangirls]

...or at least his forehead.

"That's the point Racer," Spot smirked.

"You're not hitting on me-" [YO SPRACE FANGIRLS COME GET YALL JUICE] (BETA NO-) [beta yes 🤠]

Spot's eyes widened, frantically shooting back, "What?! No-"

"I'm messing with you Conlon." Race rolled his eyes. "I'm not interested in dating Stais. I don't like her! I don't even like her as a frie-"