Chapter 18: Mental Breakdowns Fix Friendships

This is my favorite chap- wHiCh iS gOod because im having a pretty rough day

[what's up it's me yA lOcAl PeRsOn
bEtA
THIS CHAPTER IS VERY GOOD
i'm not into newsies anymore
but i still love this chapter!!!!
ENJOY Y'ALL
HAVE A GREAT LIFE]

When Anastasia and the newsies made it back to the lodge Anastasia wordlessly left to the fire escape, leaving Books in charge.

Everything coming back to her, she squeezed her eyes shut as warm tears cascaded down her face.

"Where'd you find a view like this Jackie?" Anastasia grinned brightly, watching the sun rise with her two brother figures.

"I didn't find it. It's always been here." Jack smiled softly. "You just have to look for it."

Warm bright colors painted the sky.

Vibrant blues, and pinks, and yellows, and oranges danced as the yellow sun rose.

"I like sunrises," Crutchie spoke softly. "It's a fresh start."

"I close my eyes, and I can see." Jack had his arms spread open, as if painting the scene. "A world that's waiting out for me... that I call my own."

"Through the dark. Through the door. Through where no one's been before," Crutchie added, his bright smile spread across his face. "But it feels, like home."

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy! They can say, they can say I've lost my mind." Jack rolled his eyes. "I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy."

"We can live in a world that we design." Anastasia grinned, catching on.

Jack laughed, ruffling the younger girl's hair.

"'Cause every night I lie in bed. The brightest colors fill my head. A million dreams are keeping me awake." Jack's eyes sparkled as he stared up at the rising sun, a smile etched across his face as his hand gripped the rail. "I think of what the world could be, a vision of the one I see-" He elbowed Anastasia jokingly. "-million dreams is all it's gonna take..."

"Oh a million dreams for the world we're gonna make..." Crutchie whispered.

~~~~~~📰~~~~~~

"There's a house we can build." Twelve-year-old Books paced the room.

"Every room inside is filled, with things from far away." Anastasia swayed slightly, dancing to a silent song.

"The special things I compile, each one there to make you smile!" Books nudged Rowan slightly, drawing a small sincere smile from his friend.

"...On a rainy day!" Rowan elbowed Books back. (REFERENCE TO POST-CREDIT) [OHMYGODS]

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy." Anastasia gestured around to her friends.

"They can say, they can say we've lost our minds," Books agreed.

"I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy." Rowan shook his head.