Chapter 16: Lullaby, Say Good Night, And I'll Tell You My Death Journey

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Jack bursted through the door to the bunk room. (Back of my brain: it's March 24, 2021) (me while about to post this chapter: bRuH! iT's jUlY 17, 2021)"What's up with all of you? You all look depressed."

"Cause it's Valentine's Day." Anastasia rolled her eyes.

"Will ya quit complaining." Jack narrowed his eyes at the eleven year old. "Yer a pretty little girl, just bat your eyes and you can have dem boys bowing down to you." (u g h) (tHis iS sO bAdDdDdDdd)

"If I were to go on a date I wouldn't want it to be with a stranger." Anastasia huffed, arms and legs crossed as she and Race were sitting on her bed.

"You can go with me Stais Stais." Romeo perked up, smiling his toothless grin.

"Maybe I will bud." Anastasia laughed at the five-year-olds charm.

"Yeah, but that leaves the rest of us." Race sighed wistfully. "Too bad the party will be next week."

"What's the point of having a Valentine's Day party if it's not on Valentine's Day." Mush grumbled.

"Oh shut ya trap." Blink glared, "You have a date."

"It's not my fault yer too lazy to get a date." Mush glared back.

"I'm not lazy.... just- preoccupied."

"Uh huh." Albert grinned brightly. "Dis girl Daisy is real pretty though." [our bisexual king] (mhm)

"Great, now you're infected with love-sickness." Finch shoved his head in his hands. "Can this day get any worse?"

"I feel like the rest of ya's are hopeless." Jack deadpanned. "But! Not all hope is lost for Stasia here!"

"You are right..." Crutchie trailed off.

"I see that look on your face!" Anastasia pointed her finger back and forth between the two. "I don't like it!"

"C'mon Stais!" Crutchie begged. "I wanna test out my new hair techniques Finch taught me!"

"Yeah! And if you don't go on a date, I'll feel like I failed you as your honorary big brother!" Jack whined.

"Oh don't you pull that car-" Anastasia began but stopped as Crutchie pulled out the puppy-dog eyes. "Oh.... alright!"

"Yes!" The two boys cheered.

"We'll get you perfectly ready for a date!" Crutchie grinned, dragging Anastasia out of the bunk room and into her old closet room.

Jack followed before rushing back in.

"We need to get ya's ready too." The older boy grabbed the twelve-year-old's wrist.

"Wha- I don't wanna go on a date with Stais-" Race stuttered, bright pink.

"Yer not going on a date with her." Jack put a finger to his lips. "It's just mystery goil."

"Mystery goil?" The blonde-haired-boy tilted his head.

"Mystery goil." Jack confirmed. "Now c'mon!" (Mystery gargoyle-)

~~~~~~📰~~~~~~

"Don't you think this is a little extra?" Anastasia spun in a circle, staring down at the white shirt and black skirt.

It felt like it was the first time she saw herself in something other than brown and blue.

"And now your hair." Crutchie stared fixedly at the brown locks.

"What are you doing Crutchie..." Anastasia rolled her eyes up as far as they go, attempting to see what Crutchie was doing.

"I will put your hair in this style I saw a rich girl wear!" The twelve-year-old grinned ecstatically.