Chapter 21: You Sure That's Us On The Front Page? 100%?

Dear Anastasia (my sweet little sister),

How are you? I'm okay. I saw Race hold you back. Don't be mad at him though, I'm not. I'm actually glad he did what he did. What's the two of us in here going to do for the strike?

I'm still holding onto Santa Fe. I know by now you've let go of it. It's never really been your dream. Just mine and Jack's. But I'm not mad about that either- you deserve a happy ending, and I'll always love you- no matter what.

Love,
Your brother, Crutchie

Anastasia smiled softly, wiping her tears from her face.

"I love you too Crutch." She whispered.

"I'm taking it you saw Crutchie?" Race questioned softly, joining Anastasia up on the fire escape.

Anastasia nodded, resting her head on Race's shoulder. [peak romance] (dvdbbdbd)

"I'm worried for him." Anastasia frowned. "Really- really worried."

"He didn't want to leave?" Race questioned, leaning his head on top of Anastasia's.

"He said he didn't want anyone carrying him." Anastasia huffed. "Stupid pride."

"I don't think it's pride." Race commented. "More- more like he's proving something."

"He doesn't have anything to prove to anyone! Everyone knows that the crutch of his just proves how much stronger he is than us." Anastasia said, exasperation clear in her tone.

"But does he know that?" Anastasia stayed quiet. Race grabbed her hand and squeezed tightly. "I think he's trying to prove to himself that he's strong."

"Oh Crutchie..." Anastasia whispered, squeezing her interlocked hand just as tightly as Race. "I wish he would've done it a different way."

"He doesn't have to go through h*ll to prove he's worthy to be one of us." Race agreed.

"He's been worthy since day one." Anastasia laughed brokenly.

They stayed silent for a moment.

"I missed this." Anastasia mumbled, scooting closer to Race. "Manhattan, our family... you."

"I missed you too." Race wrapped his right arm around Anastasia, bringing them even closer. "I'm sorry it took so long to realize it."

"At the end of the day, we're still going to be Anastasia and Race." Anastasia grinned, sitting up straight so she could face Race. "No matter what."

"True," Race laughed. "We're meeting at Jacobi's later, might wanna bring some of your boys."

"Alright, alright." Anastasia grinned.

"We should probably head back to selling now." Race rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah, I'll see you guys after selling." Anastasia nodded.

~~~~~~📰~~~~~~

"Manhattan?! Again?" Hyper huffed. "At this point, we might as well move there!"

Anastasia rolled her eyes at the immature teen's response. "Moving on Hype. This time, Poet, you mind watching over the little ones?"

"Sure thing Slip." Poet nodded.

"And Rowan, you'll come with me, Books, and Hyper." Anastasia continued in which the brown haired-boy just groaned.

"Ugh... social interaction." Rowan grumbled, making Books crack a wide grin. [I LOVE HIM] [ROWAN OWNS MY WHOLE HEART] (and Rowan's heart belongs to Books) [yes] [when they kiss im the one crying and cheering in the distance] (JNSDJNDD) (and I'll either be laughing crazily or patting your back while handing you a tissue)