Reborn into Neverland

I opened my eyes, yawning after a long nap.
"Awwww, did you have a good rest?" 

A female voice cooed at me.  A tall woman with violet eyes and black hair tied into a bun wearing a white apron over her black dress.  Why did she look so... big?  

I twisted around, trying to get up.  Except, I couldn't.  I flailed around weakly, trying again, and once more failing.  
"Oh, honey, there's no need to struggle." The big woman said, picking me up.  She looked a little... familiar?  I'd never met anyone like her though, so how is that?

"Oo Ahhh uuu (Who are you)?" I attempted to ask.  Okay, this was getting weird.  Why couldn't I speak?  I lifted my arm up to my face and saw a chubby hunk of flesh with little stubs at the end.   I noticed my small body, my high-pitched voice.  Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I was a baby.

"There there, Sparrow it's okay, Mama's here." The woman said gently, looking at me as I began to cry without me giving my body permission.  I looked at the woman in a panic, remembering what had happened.  I was walking back from school after club, then was... run over, I think.  Had I been reincarnated?  Aren't you supposed to lose your memories when that happens?

I observed the lady keenly, trying to figure out my situation.  Those eyes.  That hair.  The outfit.  The way she treated me like I was her own child.

Mama?

As in, Isabella, Mama? 

Shit shit shit shit shiiiiittt.   

No way.

This was the Promised Neverland.

And being here, in Isabella's arms must've meant...

That I was a cattle child.   

I took a deep breath and smiled, attempting to clap my hands.  Giggles escaped my mouth.  I don't really know how babies work, but maybe she would put me down if I did what she wanted me to.

This could be worse.  The Promised Neverland had a happy ending.  Since Isabella is still a mama, then Emma must not have escaped yet.  How old were they now?  How much longer till the story begins?  Has it already started?  

Mama rocked me a little and then put me back down.  She then bent over and picked something up, and shoved a bottle into my mouth.  I drank the baby formula, disgusted.

Gross, I thought.

Mama then moved on to another baby, leaving me to my thoughts.  I watched her leave with appreciation.  

I calmed down.  All I needed to do was wait for a little.  In time, I would have all my answers.  Now I just had to deal with living the boring life of a baby. 

.

.

.

.

.

One year has gone by.  With absolutely nothing remarkable happening.  Well, I had taken my first steps a few months ago, if that counted for anything, but still wasn't allowed to walk on my own.  I was still working out my balance.  Emma and Gilda hadn't come into the room to take care of the babies, another pair of girls did instead.  So I was either born before them or not too long after.  

My question of 'when' was miraculously answered one day, when Mama decided to take me outside one day.  We passed the dining hall and went through the front door, unfortunately, I didn't see the calendar which was blocked by Isabella.  We went outside and observed the children, and I twisted over to look at Ray's reading tree.  

And sure enough, he wasn't there.  That confirmed my suspicions of it being before the story took place.  Ray either wasn't literate yet, or he was spending time in the library, which seemed unlikely because he normally read outside.

I then look around at the playing children, looking for a bob of orange to make sure, and I didn't see one.  My lips unconsciously formed into a smile.  I was correct, not an ahoge in sight.  My brows then furrowed in worry.  What if I was born too much earlier than the trio?  Then I would be shipped out before the escape.  

I sighed, instantly reassuring myself.  If worst comes to worst, I'll escape before the trio.  I can't become a mama because of that chip.  I knew I could do it on my own, but still, it would be difficult all by myself.  

Then, I decided.  I will for sure make my body stronger.  In my previous life, I hadn't worried about my athletic ability because it wasn't necessary.  But in this life, whether I run away by myself or not, I'm going to need to be strong.   

.

.

.

Later that night, I stared at the ceiling from my crib.  Why am I working so hard?  What's so great about life?  I pondered.  I then remembered my previous life, and the vow I made to myself at 7. 

I will live.  I will live until I understand joy and sorrow, and all kinds of emotions.  I want to know.  So, until then, I won't die.  

I smiled to myself.  I think, that maybe, in this world I might have a chance to feel those things. 

Thanks for reading!  I just started this so I appreciate any and all suggestions you have for me!  Just let me know in the comments!