Preparation

I woke up with a gasp, and I was in a bed that wasn't my own. There was a heart monitor to my left, hooked up to me. I looked around the room.

Is this Lambda's infirmary? I thought as I observed the white-walled room filled with cots and various types of medical equipment.

"Oh, you're awake," a male voice called. I looked over and saw a doctor in a lab coat standing over me.

Suddenly, everything came back to me. The surgery. The conversation with Him. I looked around for a calendar in a panic, but couldn't find one.

"Doctor, how long was I out?" I asked.

"Four months," The doctor responded.

Holy. Fucking. SHIT. I lost so much time! I thought, internally screaming.

"What's today's date?" I asked politely, keeping my calm.

"March 13th, 2046," He replied lazily.

Fuck. The trio should've just started the Cuvitidala arc, assuming everything is going how it's supposed to. And I haven't even begun working on my escape! But, if I got the powers that the demon lord said I would, it shouldn't be very long now. I can still make this work. I was probably out so long because of my body adjusting, but he never said it would take this long! Though he wasn't ever specific about how long it would take, so I had no right to complain.

The doctor said something into a phone, probably notifying someone that I was awake.

A few minutes later, a familiar man with green eyes and white hair walked in.

"Good evening, Mr. Peter," I greeted pleasantly.

"And to you, Sparrow. How do you feel?" Ratri asked.

"A little weak, if I'm being honest," I lied. I felt like I could escape right here, right now, I was so full of energy. But that was unnatural because, apparently, I'd been in a coma for 4 months.

"Ah, I see. Well, I hope you feel better soon. Tell me, did you experience anything between now and when you went under earlier?" He asked.

Ah, I see, he's testing me, I realized. He had definitely known I disappeared for tenish minutes to talk to him. And he probably also knew that I had gotten contact with him through his blood.

Judging by his lack of a fake smile, he probably was pissed he was ordered to allow me to talk with someone even he couldn't talk to as the head of the Ratri clan.

"Ah, yes actually, I saw a strange demon who introduced himself as the god of demons. The two of us talked for a while, then I think I blacked out again?" I said the last sentence like a question as if I wasn't sure of what I was saying.

"And what did you two talk about?"

"Most of the things he said were cryptic, and it's a little blurry, but I think it was about something called the Tifari?" I lied. Ratri looked shocked, then his face returned to normal.

"Can you remember what he said about it?" He asked quickly.

"I'm sorry, I can't really remember that well," I continued, bowing my head in guilt. Ratri scowled at me.

"How useless. Tell me right away if you remember anything else," Ratri snapped.

"Yes, of course," I agreed before wrapping my hands around my stomach as if I was hungry.

"Go get her some food," Ratri almost yelled at the doctor, who scurried away to the cafeteria in fright. Ratri sighed, and then left, his hands clenched into fists by his sides.