Pure Bliss

Word count: 302
——————————————————————————

"Could you turn that down?" You looked over at your comfort character. "My ears are practically bleeding."

"Oh?" Your comfort character turned the knob of the radio, consequently making the music louder.

"You are such a jackass." You laughed, smacking their shoulder with little force.

"That's why you love me." They grinned, keeping their eyes on the road.

"That's why I love you." You agreed.

Your comfort character let one hand fall off the wheel to grab yours and the two of you sat in comfortable silence. But not complete silence since the obnoxious music was still blaring in your ears.

You were truly happy that you never gave up on shifting. Where would you be if you had? You didn't know, but you could confirm with confidence that you wouldn't be here, next to y/c/c/n.

"What's on your mind?" Your comfort character questioned after a long period of time of you being consumed by your thoughts. "You seem a bit distant."

"Oh, nothing. I'm just really grateful for my past self."

"And why's that?" They raised an eyebrow, one hand still on the steering wheel.

"Well, because even though my past self did some pretty questionable things and sometimes I wish I could remove them from existence, they found you."

"And you say you aren't sappy." Y/c/c/n teased, although they couldn't help the smile that was plastering itself onto their face.

You rolled your eyes in a playful manner. "Well maybe I lied."

Pure bliss. That was the only way to describe this feeling. And for the first time in forever, you felt whole, because the other piece of you was sitting in the driver's seat, focusing on the road but still rubbing small circles on your hand with their thumb.

You were finally home.

A/N: this was very much rushed and it's not the best or the longest, so sorry about that. anyways, don't forget to vote and leave suggestions for future parts, thank you for reading and i hope you enjoyed!