bet

*Warnings* slight enemies to lovers, hints at sexual stuff, mentions of school

———

"This is so fucking dumb." You plopped down onto your comfort character's bed, sinking into the comfortable mattress, the black silk sheets caressing your skin as you laid there, staring at the ceiling.

"I try to help you study for this test and all I get in return is whining." They scoffed from beside the desk that was barely visible underneath all of the books, papers, highlighters, and pens scattered across it.

"It's not like you gave me a choice in this."

Your comfort character had blackmailed you into studying for the upcoming physics test with them which had beyond confused you since they would be the one helping you and not the other way around. They gained nothing out of this.

"I don't want you to fail, y/n." They walked over to the bed and dropped a notebook on your face, sitting next to you. Their cologne/perfume followed them, engulfing you in its heavenly scent.

"Why?" You grabbed the notebook and threw it across the bed. "You hate me."

Your comfort character smirked as you stared up at their captivating eyes and tried to push down the swarm of butterflies that danced in your stomach. It was hard to pretend that you didn't have any feelings of attraction for your comfort character, but it was even harder to accept that you did. "Let's make a bet."

You smiled up at your supposed enemy, who just so happened to be forcing you to study with them and who's bed you just so happened to be in. "You didn't answer the question."

With a slight grin they reached forward and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear. "Doesn't matter. Do you want to make the bet or not?"

Your heart damn near skipped a beat, but you somehow managed to act entirely unbothered. "Depends. What kind of bet?"

"Which ever one of us gets the highest grade on this test gets anything they want from the other." Your comfort character's gaze flicked from your body to your lips. "Only one thing though."

With those words it was as if a flick had switched in your mind and, in a cloud of smoke, the motivation to earn the highest grade in the whole damn class had appeared.

You couldn't hide the smile in your voice as you spoke. "Anything?"

They stood up and ran their hands over their sleek black dress shirt, resulting in you standing up too, eager to see what they were about to do.

"Anything." They dragged their gaze up and down you body before smirking and moving so that their mouth was right by your ear and one of their hands rested on your waist. "Do we have a deal?"

They pulled back and stared down at you, awaiting your answer.

You already knew exactly what it was that you wanted once you won. "Yes."

A/N: vote or i'll cry myself to sleep for the rest of eternity.

HOW DO WE FEEL ABOUT A POTENTIAL PART TWO OF THIS? AND HOW DO WE FEEL ABOUT IT MAYBE INCLUDING SMUT? I'M ASKING FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER....

anyways this was inspired by a tiktok i saw uhhhh 😋

and i swear to the mf universe if y'all don't start commenting more i'm gonna just start publishing my first drafts and promise me you DO NOT want to see those. yes i am blackmailing you right now, call me your comfort character 😏

ALSO ALSO ALSO, opinions on the less fluffy chapters? do we want to see more of these in the future?