Chapter 3

After a long night of just enjoying myself at the club, I opened the door to my room grabbing the hand of the guy I met at the club. I looked to see Steve not in the room and I smiled, glad I got my way. It wasn't exactly responsible to bring a stranger into a shield compound but breaking the rules once in a while was ok.

I woke the next morning to the guy from the club gone. Satisfied that he was smart enough to leave himself I got up and went to the bathroom. I got out dressed for the day and Steve was back in the room, he looked pissed and tired, probably found it difficult to make sleeping arrangements. 

I sat on my bed pulling on my training shoes. As much as I loved spending time in the lab with Bruce training was also a necessary part of my job usually I'd train on my own or with Nat. I walked past Steve hitting the back of his head as he grumbled at me and started getting dressed on his own. 

Training was relaxing for me. The adrenaline rushing through my veins kept me motivated and energetic but of course because I was human I got tired eventually. I put down the jump rope as I stretched satisfied with today's session.

I was heading back to my room as I overheard Steve and Sam's conversation "I know I'm tired I couldn't sleep" Steve said "and why's that" Sam asked "y/n and her extracurricular activities" he groaned and Sam laughed. "I am literally bunking with a whore" he finished and Sam raised his eyebrows.

I sucked in my teeth. No one else on the team cared about my 'activities' so what gave Steve the right to call me a whore. I walked into the room Sam and Steve were in "I'm sorry I can still get some and that you haven't been laid since the 1940s" I winked acting unbothered.

Sam looked startled and worried upon realising that I'd heard their conversation but Steve looked unbothered almost happy to be getting under my skin.

I turned around heading out the room and back to my own to shower and get out of my sweaty clothes.

☆☆☆

Missed opportunity for an upgrade :)