Chapter 10

Special mention: taeshaffu

Aquaevie

Cassandra Sanders

My heart was racing with all the negative thoughts. I was blaming myself for Kookie's state. My body was cold from the shivers running down my spine. Fear loading in gallons into my every vein. Arianna and I followed the directions from the head nurse to the room number Jin has texted us. Our eyes glazed with tears and our hands shivering. Arianna was a mess beside me. Her sobs were silent yet her body was shaking. I twisted the door knob, our breaths choking on every step as we inched closer to the bed. I felt my heart stop its beats when my teary eyes witnessed Kookie lying lifeless on the hospital bed. I slumped into the chair beside his bed and gazed at his body which appeared nothing more than a boneless heap. Tears were already streaming endlessly.

No! Noo!! Nooo!!!

This isn't true.

My Kookiee...

What have I done to him?!

I was regardless of my surrounding until I felt tiny palms crush my shoulder under their grip. I looked over my shoulder to find Arianna sobbing silently. Her gaze bounced to the two figures slumped on the floor with their heads flushed against the mattress. It was Jin and Hobi who was wailing loudly, yet nothing reached past the vague voices in the background that called me, "Cass." His melodious voice called out my name with his bunny smile. Namjoon and Suga had tears in their eyes and smiled at me sadly.

Jin cried out, "Jungkook! Wake up! Cassie will forgive you. She loves you, buddy! Wake up. We need you Jungkook. We love you! Wake up, Kookie! I will get you a truck full of banana milk, wake up, you punk!"

An involuntary sob ripped my lips making the wailing boys look up at me. Hobi pleaded to the unconscious Jungkook, "Hey, Kookie. Your Cassie is here. Your girlfriend. Your girl is here. Look at your girl, she is crying. Do you want to make her cry? Wake up! Wake up for her! Come on, man!"

I couldn't believe my eyes. Things were still a blur to me. It didn't make sense. To look at my Kookie unconscious. To look at the love of my life laying with tubes around his lifeless body. I'll never forgive myself if anything happens to him. I'll never let him go. I can never live without him.

My baby...
My Kookie...

What made him unconscious? Why? Was it because of the brawl with Daniel? Is he anyway hurt because of the fight?

"How did it happen? Is it because of the brawl with Daniel?" I panicked! Kookie was stronger than him but how could he hurt Kookie that he was hospitalised?

Jin and Hobi's screams intensified into dramatic wails like it was more painful for them to talk about it.

Suga said, "He came to the dorm looking like a mess. He was crying... Crying so hard. He cried to us that he regretted treating you bad. He said this over and over again. I shouldn't have treated her so badly. I shouldn't have done it."

Namjoon continued, "He was scared that you would leave him. He was going insane thinking that you would break up with him. Move out of your apartment. And what more horrendous he could muster up? His thoughts were running wild. We tried to calm him down. He was turning reckless with thoughts running wild. Hyperventilating, he ran outside, talking to himself that he was going to meet you. Apologise to you for his deeds. We chased him because we sensed he was unstable. And to our shock we found him fainted on the snowy sidewalk. We took him to the hospital and we called you both."