Ben Solo X Reader #21 - I will heal you

Exogol. The world of illusion of soul sucking violence that pinned your breath to the crackle of lightning and the drumming heartbeat of thunder echoing inside your ears. It was a place no creature in the galaxy wanted to end up and for those living there, hell rained upon them and kept them prisoner from the atmosphere.

For those living there, were Palpatine and his disciples who ruled the grounds and found refuge inside the shadows - building their army to conquer not just the Resistance but the galaxy as a whole and they called themselves the 'Final Order'.

The battle on Exogol was one of many battles fought between the Resistance and the First Order or known now as the Final Order and when all came to a halt, you found yourself on the ground under the fireworks of Starships battling each other to the death, running through the many shadows to which led you to an opening of sudden mystical horror. Your breath hitched in your throat as you came across the throne which appeared miraculously inside your visions for the last month and even it's physical site caused unstoppable shivers to rampage throughout your muscles causing the drumming of your heart to increase.

Inside the shadows, a voice loomed in villainous glory:

"I have waited for so long for this moment."

Frantically, you turned around to see a figure growing closer within the abyss. It was when the lightening strikes conquered the darkness that the villain appeared, his wrinkles and pale skin shaping his face and his colourless eyes shaping his lack of life - Palpatine hung before you with wires connecting him with the breaths he needed.

"Palpatine." You breathed earning a smirk from the devil who only came closer to you before addressing his companions.

"This day, is a great day for we will have a new empress to guide us to our former glory and to rain dominance to the galaxy." His mouth spat venom and his mind became determined for all you could do was stand there avoiding the fear to shed through your body and to be presented to the world. The corner of your eyes caught his knights moving inches forward to your direction, weapons ready for strike - you then had done the same refusing Palpatines offer of vengeance causing your lightsaber to ignited; fear beginning to show yourself.

It was then at that moment you felt a sensation through the force, a familiar warm signature arriving at the scene and as the world stopped spinning and lightning strikes became a whisper, you saw your beloved in front of you - his areas unknown but he was there coming for you and that made you feel calm and safe like he always made you feel.

"Ben?" You questioned.

"Stay there, I'm coming." He reassured you before the link died; you knew you had to fight off for just the time being and once your beloved came to your help then you could defeat Palpatine together and go home, both free of sin.

The fighting caused you to lose your breath and when jumping onto a knight and slicing his head clean off, you hadn't notice the one coming behind you and locking you in a choke hold for which, cause you to lose consciousness of your surroundings and your own body. What you thought was your final moments, you thought of Ben and the life you will lose to share and as if on command by thought, a lightsaber appeared and sliced through the knights head, coming through the forehead, killing him in the spot. There, in the distance, stood Ben: his face bruised and cut; his hair messy and bold and single sigh of relief escaped your swollen lips. Both of you joined together in union with lightsabers at the ready.

Palpatines voice loomed the darkness:

"Fight together, die together." And you never had the chance to strike as your life force began to suck from your soul causing both weakness and tiredness to over take your body and the screams you released caused Palpatine to smirk even more. Both you and Ben collapsed to the ground for which felt like hours of torture and the tiredness overtook you. Watching Ben's body being lifted into the air caused you to shudder and try to protest but your muscles would not let you move. Then what happened next caused your eyes to prick and heart to drop as Ben himself was flown into the depths of darkness for which you heard his body hit as it went then, you cried on the floor reaching to the darkness he went, crying his name.

You had given up at that moment in time, your body lying there abandoned and broken. You could not do it alone and you certainly didn't have the energy to do so. And what felt like hours, a miracle blinked into the stars for the lost voices of the past Jedi's echoed your mind.  With their strength and faith you illuminated through the worries and pain and rising from the ground a step at a time. Taking both lightsabers you crossed them and soon found yourself pushing forward through Palpatines shots and reflecting it at him causing him to burn and dissolve on the spot, his screams penetrating. Then once gone and hopefully for ever gone, you made your way to the pit Ben had fallen down to which you made your way carefully down - stumbling on a few times down.

At the bottom rested Ben's bruised body for inching forwards to him, you saw no life and felt no life radiating off him. Collapsing to the ground, you panicked before reaching forward in shaky motions to grab him and hug for however long necessary to grieve his lost until an idea popped inside your head. Placing him down gently, you pushed a strand of curls away from his face while smiling softy to him before placing your hands onto his chest taking in deep breaths of focus. In that time, you felt your life force begin to fade from you into Ben and seeing the colour of life pigment on his face.

After some time, a hand gripped onto your arm and immediately you shifted your focus on the force, to Ben himself who looked at you with love and admiration yet sadness behind it. He sat up and instantly gripping his face, you smiled before kissing him with such passion and emersion and a kiss you or even Ben would never forget. After time, you both pulled away for air and when that happened you dropped into his arms, weakness taking over.

"(y/n)?" Ben panicked within that moment but before he could do anything to help reverse your sacrifice, you were already lost to the force...

~

Written 29/3/21

Published 2/4/21

Not edited