Wolf- JeromeASF and BajanCanadian

The title would be Merome, but there's no actual Merome. I also tried to evoke feels cause I fINALLY WROTE SOMETHING YAY. I'll try to post something else soon, I ain't got no school tomorrow. (Ignore any spacing errors I'm too lazy to fix it for the thousandth time.)

Note: The song is "Wolf" by First Aid Kit. The characters used are, well, JeromeASF and BajajajajanCanadian.

Wolf mother, where you been?
You look so worn, so thin

Jerome tumbled out of the forest trees, a squirrel and mouse hanging limply from his jaws. Shaking his fur out, he padded over to his family, quietly approaching his mother before pawing at her back, sitting down as she turned. Her eyes lit up when she saw the prey in his muzzle, frail form moving to sit up. "Son, did you catch that for me and your brother, you sweet thing?" She asked, melodious voice making Jerome smile with pride.

"Yes, mother." The bacca half lied, seeing as he wished to eat with his mother, but gave up his food to his younger brother, who was no more than two months old.

You're a taker, devil's maker
Let me hear you sing, hey ya hey ya

"I'm not trusting anything that devil brings back from the forest." Another bacca walked in. Jerome's father. Hate burned in his eyes, and Jerome gulped, shifting where he sat as coal black irises scorched his fur with mistrust. He curled in on himself, feeling a wave of guilt wash over him for no reason. "Haven't you heard? All the eldest children have gone and poisoned the food."

Wolf father, at the door
You don't smile anymore

"Honey, that's just a rumor. Our sweet little Jerome would never do something-"

"Like hell he wouldn't!" His father interrupted, snarling and showing clear white teeth. "If you wish to die to that thing, then fine, I won't stop you. Just don't come complaining to me when you're dying, because it was your fault!" He barked, causing Jerome's beloved mother to flinch at the harsh words.

Jerome's mother only sighed and said nothing in reply, laying back down. His father grumbled, going to sit a foot or two away from the boy's mother. Jerome stared at his paws, flexing his muscles to sheathe and unsheathe his ebony claws, no shine coming from them because of the dense leaves above.

You're a drifter, shapeshifter
Let me see you run, hey ya hey ya

When dusk fell upon the forest, all of the woolly brown creatures were deep in slumber. All but the young bacca, who was staring at the almost complete silver sphere in the sky.

Holy light, oh, guard the night, oh keep the spirits strong
Watch it grow, child of wolf
Keep holdin' on

Eventually, Jerome got up and shook grass out of his pelt, silently padding out of his family's area. He only stopped to watch his brother's minute chest rise and fall as breaths crept in and out of his lungs, before he sighed and slipped into the dark arms of the forest trees.

When I run through the deep dark forest long after this begun
Where the sun would set, the trees were dead and the rivers were none

Jerome let the woodland sounds sink into his ears as he started to run, fur flying in all directions. He let his worries slip into the night. Trees grew invisible as adrenaline coursed through his body, and Jerome just let his paws lead him.