Memories- Immortalfox ~OLD~

That’s all he had left. Memories. Memories of the one he loved- no, loves. His memory would never leave him, unlike the others. Sure, it had been a year, but he promised him to never forget. To have him live on in his heart.

He sat at the grave and let out a sob. It was accompanied with a laugh. “You know, it’s hard to forget you. With that stupid catchphrase that you would always say. And your smile. Don’t even get me started on your laugh.” He said, staring at the engravings.

“You know, I wish you left me with something other than these stupid memories.” He whispered, shifting in his seat on the ground. “They make my heart ache, since you left us so easily. I didn’t even get to say goodbye. You were just ripped from my hands…”

The man covered his face with his hands, rubbing his eyes while holding back a tear-jerking sob. It managed to sneak past his lips, and a few tears fell to the ground. “Just imagine waking up to a call from the hospital saying that your loved one was in the hospital. Just imagine.” The man let the tears flow freely down his cheeks, looking up at the grave once again.

“Knowing you, it would probably be that stupid girlfriend that you’ve been clinging onto for so long, right? You loved her so much. She was the only thing stopping me from making a move.” He said, slamming a fist into the palm of the other hand. He did it multiple times, just imagining the other’s girlfriend face in his hand.

“I wish you just broke up with her. She was cheating on you with another man. We found out after she never showed up beside your bed to say goodbye. Well, I guess I already told you that. I already told you everything. It’s just that the memories won’t leave me, probably because I loved you with all my heart.” He picked up some red roses that he had placed on the ground next to him, looking at them.

“You know, whenever I think of you, I immediately think of the day when you told us you got a girlfriend. Why? Because the grin you had on your face was the goofiest I had ever seen, and I wish it was for me. The way your eyes glinted to… You truly thought she would make you happy.

“But you were already happy without her. You had us. You had Jordan, James, Seamus, Dan, Kevin, Steven, Ze, everyone. And most of all, you had me. Your-” He choked on his words, “your best friend. But we could have been so much more than that. We could have been lovers. I wouldn’t have let you be in that car crash.”

It started to rain, soaking the man quickly through his suit. He tilted his head up and let the water pound onto his face before dripping down, just like his tears. He fell back, his arms numb after supporting him for so long. He got splashed with dirt, something that James would kill him for later, but he didn’t care. As long as he was with his love, he would be fine. The world could be ending, and he wouldn’t care.

“You know, a lot has changed in one year. I didn’t tell you this last time, but Chef died. Apparently she had a disease from something. Either that, or the vet said old age. And did you know that Jordan had a kid with Monica? It’s a girl, and they named her Saffron. Like the city in Pokemon. Her hair is a dark brown, just like Monica’s hair. But she has Jordan’s eyes.

“Seamus proposed to Ashley, you know. She said yes, obviously. He seems happier, but he never lost his sarcastic edge. He’s been sarcastic since 1982, and he always will be. Dan and Liz are still together, and James got a girlfriend. She’s a sweet girl, very nice and kind. Like you.”

His thoughts were interrupted by a loud yelling. “Sly! Get your ass the fuck over here! It’s time to leave! You have stuff to record!” James yelled, making the Puerto Rican push himself from the mud and grab the flowers. He leaned down to the headstone, placing them gently in front of the stone.

“Never forget… Aleks, I love you.” He whispered, placing a small kiss against the smooth cold stone before running a finger over the engravings and getting up. “I’m coming!” He yelled to James, already running up the slope.

Aleksandr Marchant

1992-2014

“Nobs 4 lyf”