Say Something- Doudil40 ~OLD~

Ignore how I forgot to update this.

SONG: Say Something: A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera. Credits belong to them.

He blamed himself for what his friend was in. He ignored everyone’s desperate attempts to tell him otherwise, and holed himself in his room. The others banged on his door, shouting at him to come out and talk to them, but he knew what they would say. And it might be the truth, but he’d rather just blame himself.

Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'll be the one, if you want me to

Anywhere I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

The only other time he’d be outside of his room is when he was at the hospital demanding to see him.  He did have to sneak past his friends, but that wasn’t hard when they were banging on his door.

The doctor told him that it wouldn’t matter if he saw him, since he never woke up. But they didn’t understand what just seeing him would do. He wasn’t even sure. Either way, he wanted to see the one he loved with all his heart. To hear his laugh. To see his smile. To just see his face one last time.

And I am feeling so small

It was over my head

I know nothing at all

Double stood in the waiting room, yet again demanding to see him.  The nurse just gave him a blank look and told him to leave. The phone rang and she turned to pick it up, leaving Double to pace around the room, like many others. However, the others would have happy endings. He wasn’t sure if he would get one.

“Ryan Klepacs?” The nurse called. Double ran over to her. “The doctor would like to speak to you about your friend. Just go through those doors.” Double nodded and thanked her, walking over to the door she pointed to. He convinced himself that it was bad news, that he was dead. Tears pricked his brown eyes, but he wiped them away as he pulled open the door to face the doctor.

And I will stumble and fall

I'm still learning to love

Just starting to crawl’

“I’m Ryan Klepacs, Martin’s friend.” He flinched at the wording he was forced to use, but he left it that way.

“Yes, I have some good news, and some bad news. Which would you like to hear first?” The doctor asked. Double knew he would regret it later, but he wanted the good news first. “So, your friend is awake, and he asked to see you. The bad news is that we aren’t sure how long he’ll live, so I would hurry to see him.” The doctor told him, his face emotionless.

Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

Anywhere I would've followed you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

“What room?”

“Room number 69 on the third floor.” He said, but Double was already running down the halls by the time he finished.

He found the room rather quickly, and pulled open the door. The only other person in the room was him, and he was hooked with tubes. His shades were off, revealing his brown eyes.

And I will swallow my pride

You're the one that I love

And I'm saying goodbye

“Hey buddy. How you doing? Stupid question, I know, but that’s what I’m here for. You know, you’re in room 69. Funny, right?” Double said, taking the seat next to the bed.  Bodil just stared at him. “Would you like your shades back on? Here.” Gently, as to not hurt him, Double placed the shades back on his friend’s face. “So, glad to see your awake from the coma. It had been three months. Three months since-” He cut himself off, letting out one sob.

“Three months since we did that parkour map, and you beat me.” He finished in a whisper. “You know, they say you’re going to die soon. But you’re a try-hard, right? You wouldn’t give up that easily.” He grabbed Bodil’s hand, cold, missing it’s usually warmth. But there was still a tiny bit. That gave Double the courage to tell his friend the truth.

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-oh-oh-oh)

Say something, I'm giving up on you

“You know, I’ll miss you. You wanna know why? Not because we’re friends, but because…” He paused, gathering up the courage. “Because I love you.” He whispered the last part, so quiet that he wasn’t even sure if he said it. But Bodil stared at him with his eyes, and a small smile made his face glow. Double choked back a sob.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I should have stopped you from doing that space mission, as you would say. Maybe then you wouldn’t be here.” The dam broke. Tears streamed down his face. “It should have been me! I should have been the one in the coma! Bodil, I’m sorry!” He said. Bodil’s smile disappeared, and he motioned for Double to allow him a hug. They pulled away, and Bodil broke down into coughs. Double didn’t miss the specks of red.

Bodil leaned back in his bed.

Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something…

And he closed his eyes for the final time, leaving Double to cry alone.