Thirty nine

Now....

It was happening now...

The door to his room slowly opens, and two men steps inside. Both wearing masks. Even tho the poison in his body had slowly started to take effect, he still felt pretty much normal, only thing was his head feeling heavy... perhaps that was good... because then things could just quickly end... he didn't have to be fully awake when he goes to sleep forever... right?
But as he got up... something didn't feel right.. after whatever had been ejected into him yesterday day, he had spent his entire time just laying in his bed, accepting his fate. Perhaps... the poison was spreading faster as he moved? It would make sense right? As he got up to his feet, a heavy dizziness hit him.
the guards were escorting him, lots of people we're around to look, but his mind didn't seem to notice...
He heard whispers of his name, but it was like his mind didn't recognize it... Genji... who's Genji?
It was like his mind wasn't there... he wasn't there.. everything around him felt weird and nothing made sense. Every face of the people surrounding him were blurred out, and the pain he felt from the strong grips of the guards didn't feel real... in fact nothing did. Was even he real...?
But this... was all in his head. Nothing was actually that bad... he just couldn't concentrate right? Or...
More voices surrounds him, but nothing makes sense to him, not a single word has a meaning... but there was one thing he could feel... and that was the sweat slowly running down his back..
Was it hot outside...? Wait... was it day or night? He for some reason wasn't sure. His eyes looked up at a burning sun, but for all that he knew.. that could be the moon as well? 
The ground... what was it made of? Was this water? It felt like his legs was walking trough water, or wait... no that couldn't be... because the color was different... the ground was solid like wood.. then...
That thought was ripped away from his mind as he suddenly felt a sudden force, forcing him down into something that he assumed was a chair of some kind. The room was dark and different, and ye couldn't exactly make sure what was in the room... was there people there...?
Something weird locks around his wrists, but to him, it looks like some kind of bracelet. He wanted to raise his hand to take a closer look at it, but the strength in his hands were somehow gone. Didn't matter. He didn't want to look anyway.
After some time, he felt something warm touch his cheeks, and some weird noise was coming from something or someone in front of him, but nothing made sense... for some strange reason.. this weird shape reminded him of Hanzo, but it couldn't be... he would never be this close to him.. wait... was his execution happening now...? If so.., then he wasn't actually that scared... perhaps if everything just turned black would be perfect.. right? This weird dizziness wasn't really that comfortable and he felt more and more exhausted by every hour... or was it minute ? Nothing made sense.. not even the lights or any kind of shadow... everything around him felt like dust.., small and always in the way.., unwanted and annoying...
Yet again he heard weird noises around him, and for some reason, it almost felt like someone had just lifted his body.
Was the ground unstable...? Or was there an earthquake? Because at this very moment, everything was shaking, as if the ground was angry and wanted to kick back...
Again, lots of voices that sounded more like crows fighting over some small pice of bread.
Again and again he heard lots of weird noises... but something inside his head was pinching his brain... something inside his head felt heavy and painful. Gently, he researches out for his head, but as earlier, his mind just refuses to let anything move... it's almost like it commands every part of his body to shut down.. and now.. he could no longer see colors around him... and that being said... everything seems so much more... darker...
" GENJIIIII!!!!" The same name was being repeated over and over and over again. Did it have a meaning behind it...? It was it a melody...?
" GENJI!" The same word was repeated. But every time he heard it, it sounded different. Sometimes it was light and soft... while other times the Sound was more dark... perhaps different tones? Or maybe different people? He honestly had to admit that the voices or whatever seemed really familiar...
" Genji!!" There they go again... whatever was going on... they seemed to never shut up...
From time to time, he managed to open his eyes, and then he would see the bright sun again... and sometimes he would see shadows covering the sun...
Wait... shapes... those were people right?
But as the tough hit him... something in his chest seemed to start burning... breathing was becoming harder and for some reason... all he wanted to do now was to close his eyes, and let his mind slowly just shut down....

" WHY IS HE LIKE THAT! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OKAY!" McCree yelled as a doctor forcefully pushed him away as the doctors were quickly rushing the hospital bed towards the emergency section of the hospital.
" GENJI!" Angela screamed as Ana held her back, fighting to break free from her grip.
The mission had went well... better than what they would have expected it to, but then... as they had managed to get him out and placed him into his seat in the car that was picking them up, that's when Hanzo had noticed that something wasn't right. Genji was there, sitting, but he was way to quiet. In fact, he hadn't said a work nor had be given any sign of reaction. His eyes were also somewhat dazed.
" why!? Why is he like this!" She yelled at them all. She didn't know what to do. Was this really happening? We're they actually... losing him..?
" Angela! We don't know what's wrong with him! But please, let them take care of him. They know what they're doing!" Ana spoke, holding tightly around her.
" let me pass! Let me be with my son!" Reyes angrily stormed in, also being held back by guards, but they were obviously failing as he was basically dragging them along.
It didn't matter.
" if someone should be with him then it should be me!" He yelled. Surprisingly, they actually let him trough as he spoke those words, and as he was out of sight, both Angela and McCree calmed down a bit. At least Genji wasn't alone anymore... which made them feel better.

Silence...

" w...why tho... why is he .. like that..?" McCree somehow managed to speak after some time.
" I ... I have no idea... but by the look of it... a drug... but then again, I don't think that's what it was." Ana mumbled as a reply.
" W...where is Hanzo..?" Angela spoke, sounding so broken.
" he's... back at the Shimada castle... he needs to keep his cover up and all he wanted to do was get Genji out safely... he wanted him to live.. him being a part of the Shimada crime gang doesn't change.." Ana replied.
Angela wasn't sure how to feel about that.. but then she quietly sits down on one of the empty seats.
" but... can't the Shimada's actually get in here? The hospital? I mean... this city is basically ruled by them... is he even... safe?" McCree didn't know why he tough about this... but Ana got straight up from her seat as he mentioned that.
" kid, you're actually right... they would definitely check the hospital if they are looking!" She spoke but then a hand was suddenly placed onto her shoulder.
" I don't think we need to worry... because if they wanted to get him back... then they would already be here... no... something else is up.." all of them were shocked at the sight of Jack Morrison standing here with them in Japan, especially since they had gone off on this mission without his approval and blessings.
" w...what you mean!?" Ana replied.
" I'm afraid... they are not here because... they know he's as good as dead." He replied sadly.
" what you mean!?" Angela burst out.
Jack took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to explain this carefully.
" they have detected a dangerous and very rare poison in his system... and there is no cure to it.."
everything around Angela broke apart as she heard those words....
poison...?
No cure.....

He wasn't going to make it....