Twenty two

(( new fan art that i made >///< I can't stop shipping them⬆️))

" alright... let's check out what kind of secrets you contain" sombra mumbles to herself as she picks up the USB that Akande had given to her.  She wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to read through a lot of talon secrets, but then again... she was doing this for her friend.
" idiot..." she angrily mumbles and plugs it into her computer.
She honestly couldn't care less about this stupid file, but Akande had almost sacrificed his own life by just entering his father's office, therefore she kinda owned him this small act of kindness.
" there it is... let's see what your father has been up to Akande.." Sombra clicks into the USB icon and lots of maps pops up on her screen.
" this... is a lot... damn.." she starts to scroll through it all when she finds a map marked as purple. Akande had told her that the files he had wanted to look through were marked purple so it would be easier to find what he had been looking for. There weren't many files marked with this color, but she could feel her pulse raising by just looking at the titles.
She knew Talon was dangerous and powerful, but they were deadly as well...
" the hell...." she whispers as her eyes lands on a file named 'eliminated threats'
" if I'm not careful... that's gone be me one day..." she didn't feel comfortable doing this, but she wasn't finished going through it all.
" okay Akande, don't get me killed..." she kept searching through the files until she finally found the last file marked with purple. But what she saw after opening it was something she never would have imagined herself to ever see.
" w...what the..!?" There was no use in denying it... Talon had lots of different files on this USB. Files like people who had been eliminated, different kinds of companies they own or lists of people who work for them... but they also had a list of people they were looking for, wanted dead or people whose a future danger to them.
And among them were her partner in laser tag..
" Genji...?" McCree's best friend? The new kid at her school was a high class wanted objective for Talon.
Without thinking straight, Sombra reaches out to her phone and grabs it. She knew his number by heart and was just about to call Akande when a strange thought hits her.
" t..this file is marked purple... Akande already knows about this... doesn't he?" Slowly, she lowers her phone and allows it to slip out of her hands and down onto the table.
" he knows..." she whispers to herself as she slowly closes her eyes and tries to calm down. This new information was shocking.. and absolutely disgusting...
Even tho she didn't know him that well and haven't really talked much to him, she still felt unsure about this. She kinda got to know him a bit at laser tag, and honestly... he was a cool guy.. she liked their gang, even tho she's not really a part of it.
" The hell is this..." she quietly opens her eyes and starts to read through the file. By the look of it, it was a mission file given to Talon by a different organization... or should she say Mafia gang? Shimada was a dangerous name, and this file seemed to be sent to Talon by the Shimada's themselves... witch meant... Genji was being hunted by the biggest and most dangerous crime gang in the world..
" The hell... what did you do Genji? What have you done to these people that they're actually looking for a teenager like you...? Wh... oh...." Sombra cut herself off when her eyes found the line that gave the information about the objective.
" Genji ... Shimada..." this changed everything... now everything made sense... but why? Why would the Shimada's hunt down one of their own people...?
This time Sombra didn't hesitate to call. She quickly typed in the number to the one person she could fully trust and to the person who actually could have real information about the situation.
She called McCree.

" no no no..." McCree tiredly mumbles as the alarm on his phone goes off. It was supposed to be the weekend and that usually meant that he could sleep for hours, even all day if he wanted.
But then again... it was Saturday... witch also meant his alarm wasn't set to go off today... witch also meant that this wasn't an alarm but...
Without another second to waste, he throws himself out of the bed and quickly grabs hold of  his phone.
" unknown number?" Even though normal people wouldn't answer this, he was not one of them.
" howdy...?" He mumbles tiredly into the speakers.
" McCree!" A very familiar voice calls out his name and a wave of joy runs through him as he realize who this actually is..
" my lady! What's up!" He cheerfully replies.
" shut up cowboy and listen! I need you to come over to my place now! Like right now!" Sombra speaks.
" AY AY let's not rush this to much now" McCree chuckles as he gently lays his phone down onto his desk and puts her on speaker. It was nice to hear her voice again.
" Jesse, I'm going to rip your head off if you don't show up within 10 minutes, this is actually important if you want your best friend to still be alive"
McCree froze as she mentioned the last part.
How in the world would she know anything about Genji being in danger...? Or did she know? Perhaps this was just a way to scare him, right? Yes, that had to be it. Still tho, he had no problem going over to her place.
" fine, but I don't live that close to you. Give me 20 and I will be there" McCree replies and Sombra agrees to it.
" just... hurry"

It was obvious that something had changed...
Akande had no idea to what it was, but something wasn't right... his home kinda felt.. different.. almost like it wasn't his home anymore. It felt more like a place where he shouldn't be and that frightened him a lot. Nothing seemed to be off, but he knew this was because of the information he newly had gained from his father's office.
Not only that one of his fellow classmates was a high class target to Talon... but Angela's parents had been killed by his very own father. That was what changed everything... the girl he had feelings for was an orphan because of his family... just the thought of this made him feel sick. How could his father live with this kind of guilt? How could he!? He knew he wasn't guilty for his father's actions... but now that he knew the truth... the right thing would be to report him or at least warn Genji about the danger he was in.
Genji....
he was his father's next target... wasn't he? It didn't seem like his father had any idea to where Genji's location was... but it would just be a matter of time until he found him and then it would be to late..
Akande angrily slams his fist into the wall, letting out some of his frustration. What should he do...? The right thing was to report his father, he knew that... but then again... this was the only family he had left... and if he told his father about Genji then... maybe his father would love him again..?

" you're home..." the voice of his father caught Akandes attention and he quickly moved his and away from the wall.
" y..yes.. I am.." Akande awkwardly replies.
" shouldn't you be at school?" His father looks up at him. Akande swallows hard as he wasn't sure what to say. Yes, he was supposed to, but they had professor Orissa that day and she never reports a student who doesn't show up to her classes... most people actually skipped her classes... she was kinda weird and always has a bad joke or two to share with the class.
" we're off for today..." He replies and slowly turns to walk away.
" you're a bad liar kid, your body language tells me so" his father coldly replies as he calmly puts a map down onto their kitchen table.
Akande didn't reply. It would be best to just leave him alone..
" Akande" the mention of his name made Akande freeze as he had never heard his father call him by his name since his mother died...
" yes...?" Akande slowly turns his head to look at him. By the look of it, he didn't seem mad... nor did he seem to be in a bad mood..
" please... join me for a moment.." Akande had no idea to why his father was inviting him over, but this wasn't like him...
Quietly, he walks back to the kitchen where his father is and stops up in the doorway, leaning against the wall awkwardly.
The room was totally quiet for a second before his father quietly picks up the map and tossed it over to him.
" what is that...?" Akande looks down at it.
" open it."
Akande hesitates for a moment before he gently grabs it and slowly opens it. At first he expected to see pictures of Genji and him in the same room or something and that his father would be mad at him for not reporting Genji to him, but then again... his father didn't know that he knew about Genji being wanted by Talon.
" w...what is this?" There was a single document in the map.
His father suddenly grins at him and puts a hand onto his shoulder.
" my boss thinks you're good to them and will be of good use, so he decided to hire you as a Talon agent!" Akande had never seen such joy in his father's eyes in years... this joy was what he used to see in him before... before his mother died... and now it was back..
" w..what? Why me?" Akande let out his breath in relief and shyly allows himself to chuckle.
It truly was an honor to be offered a job like this, but then again... did he really want a job like this?
" come on kid, we need smart young agents like you, and he thinks it would be smart to hire younger people who can blend in with the crowd more easily" he pats Akandes shoulder happily and a rush of joy runs through him.
Maybe this job wasn't that bad of it made his father happy... he had not seen this happy in years, so this truly made him want to cry of joy.
If his father was happy, then he would be as well.... right?