Forty two

He wasn't sure if the doors to the different sleeping rooms were well sealed for sound, but McCree made sure he was quiet enough when walking by, to not wake anyone.
The hallway was so dark... and he couldn't help it but imagine evil talon agents hiding in the shadows.
He knew it was stupid... blackwatch headquarters we're supposed to be the safest place in the world. But after everything he, Angela and Genji had been through, this wasn't a surprise.
" I see you're still up Jesse," the mention of his name made him almost yell in fear, but he managed to hold it back, but that didn't stop his feet from failing him. He fell to the ground as he stumbled and looked up at whoever had noticed him.
But to his surprise, this was the very guy that they actually should have met.
" Reyes!" Mccre whispers in surprise as he sees him.
" hi kid," Reyes reaches out his hand and pulls McCree to his feet.
" where have you been all this time? Me and Angela were looking for you." McCree spoke.
" where do you think I've been?" Reyes replies, looking at the younger boy. McCree somehow felt ashamed for asking such a dumb question.
" Angela is working on a cure." McCree tells him. They had wanted to tell him about their plans, they had wanted him to join them in their secret project, because they knew he wouldn't snitch on them. But of course... he had been spending his time around Genji, and since they had never been allowed in to him, they would never have been able to reach Reyes.
" wait what...?" Reyes replies, not sounding so enthusiastic. How in the world could a teenager like Angela possibly know silence well enough to make a cure for a poison that has never had one before.
" yes! And she's working 24/7 I also believe she's reaching a breakthrough soon!" McCree's tells him.
Reyes doesn't move, nor does he give any sign of belief.
" McCree... there is no hope.. they said there is no cure" Reyes replies.
" that's what they said! But Angela took blood samples from Genji and Hanzo sent Angela the real samples of the poison he found traces of! And she believes there has to be a way! Please come! I can show you" Jesse gently grabs his hand and starts dragging Reyes towards Angela's secret lab.
Reyes wasn't sure what to do. " fine.. I guess it doesn't hurt to see what you guys are doing..." he mumbled and followed McCree. The doctors weren't giving him any kind of hope when it came to Genji... so.. perhaps this would change something?

Angela almost dropped a small bowl of liquid when she heard the sound of knocking on her door. She truly hadn't expected it and very very carefully, she put the liquid down and headed over to let McCree in. But as she opened the door, she didn't expect to see Reyes!
He looked terrible... his face looked exhausted and he had dark shadows underneath his eyes. Reyes was thinking the exact same as he looked down at an exhausted Angela.
" you found Reyes!" She bursts out as she couldn't hold herself back from warping Her arms around him, hugging him tightly.
This melted his heart and he gently pats her head. Then his eyes looks up from her and into the lab. The sight shocked him. The whole room was full of all kinds of lab supplies. Had she been working on all of this!?
" please come in! And lock the door!" Angela ordered them and quickly locks the door.
" h..have you been doing all of this!?" Reyes almost staggers as he kept looking around.
" I told you, she is working on a cure for Genji.." Jesse tells him and Angela slightly nods.
" and I think I've got it!" She tells him.
Reyes was still surprised. Was this really true?! But she is just a kid! How could she possibly know..?
" wait!? You actually made it!?" Jesse bursts out.
" the antidote I made reacts to the blood samples I got from Genji witch is a good sign!" She replies and looks up at Reyes.
He wasn't sure if he actually was going to believe this. He couldn't allow himself to get hope... and then get crushed by reality...
" No way! Then what are we waiting for!?" Jesse yells in the excitement.
" I need to be properly sure it works! But I'm preparing the last sample right now." She tells him and quickly heads over to where it was.
Reyes watches her. Was this really true...?
" insane! How long till it's done?" McCree walks over to take a closer look.
" I would say about 20 minutes? But... it hadn't been experimented on humans... so it's actually not really allowed to be given to a patient.. it will break with the scientist code.. and probably human rights too..."
She tells him.
" but you're sure it's gone work...?" Reyes finally spoke after being quiet for so long.
Angela thinks for a moment before she nods.
" I'm pretty sure" she shortly replies.
" then... if the poison is going to kill him... then it wouldn't hurt to try to save him right?" Jesse replies. Reyes slowly nods. Yes, McCree was right, this would be their very last chance... and perhaps it's time to actually put some trust in the younger generations.
" wait... " Jesse suddenly spoke, getting up from the seat he had been sitting on.
" what's up kid...?" Reyes spoke as he was confused at the sudden change in his attitude.
McCree starts sniffing loudly around.
" w..what are you doing..?" Angela confused asked him.
" you... don't smell that..?" He tells them as he keeps on smelling around.
Reyes now tries to follow up and smell. Indeed he was right... this new sent wasn't here some few minutes ago...
" you're right... there's a strange smell around..." Reyes eyes widened as ye realize what it is.
" grab all your stuff kids! And get out of here!"Reyes suddenly yells as the smell of smoke gets stronger and stronger.
" what's going on!?" Angela yells as she gets scared by Reyes sudden change of mood.
" the building is on fire!"