April 1 - New Beginnings

°~°~°~°~°~°

During Decimo's time, the Vongola Famiglia changed a lot. It is not anymore the notorious and brutal organization that is feared by many, but a well-respected organization that helped and supported those who are in need, abused, and troubled. It was exactly the Vongola Famiglia that Primo had in mind, and Decimo had not failed him.

The sun brightly shined on the sky, and the flowers bloomed perfectly in the Vongola Headquarters. It was a peaceful April first on the headquarters except for its people. Everyone is busy running all around and was stressed trying to make everything perfect. They want to ensure that all of the preparations are ready for this special day that will be remembered throughout the history of Vongola.

"Is everything really really really in place?" for the nth time, Haru worryingly asked her most trusted associate who is in charge of doing all of the preparations.

The associate nodded, "Yes, Haru-sama."

"Are you sure?" she asked again for insurance.

"Yes, no need to worry Haru-sama, both Chrome-sama and Kyoko-sama are also doing their best in welcoming the visitors; meanwhile, Hibari-sama is also watching out for troublesome members to prevent them from doing stupid fights."

"Good," she commented trying to calm down, "The preparations for the succession ceremony are already polished by me. Everything is in place. I got nothing to worry about. I should really calm down now because it is not good for my blood pressure."

"Would you like some tea, Haru-sama?"

"No need. I should probably go down and join the others."

"Let me help you," the associate offered her hand, and Haru's wrinkled arm gladly accepted the support of the younger associate to aid her walk.

Haru brushed some strand of her silver hair away from her face and tucked it in behind her ear.

"Without realizing it, our time passed instantly," she started as they left her room and walked together in the halls of the headquarters, "I can clearly remember the time I became part of the Vongola and served as its adviser for seventy years. This place is filled with treasured memories. I feel sad leaving this place, but look," she paused while staring out at the window they passed by, "Today is a beautiful day of spring. It is a mark of new beginnings. I wish them strength and happiness."

°~°~°~°~°~°

Vongola Decimo smiled as he felt nostalgic while observing a photo of him and his friends that were taken years ago, back when they were still young and complete.

He succeeded. He succeeded in destroying the old Vongola, and he had built a tower of success for years. He never expected all of that, especially his fourteen-year-old self. He never became the failure everyone expected him to be. He believed in his will to accomplish things. There are rough times in his life, but with Reborn's guidance, his parents' love and support, and his friends' encouragement and trust, he was able to pursue his goals. Now, the story is ending. He is leaving the stage and entrusting the spotlight to another.

He sighed. He gently and carefully put down the frame of the photo on his desk, trying to prevent it from falling because of his shaky wrinkled hand. He went to the windows of his office to open it, letting the spring breeze in.

He cannot hide the worry towards his successor. If Vongola Famiglia went back to its old ways, Decimo will greatly regret the decision he made.

°~°~°~°~°~°