April 1 - Historical AU

°~°~°~°~°~°

"Nii-san, let's runaway," Mami said, and her warm hands held Enma's hand tightly, but Enma hesitated. He turned his back against Mami and continued to walk in the dark.

"Enma, I'm tired of this," Adel admitted.

"Me too..." Julie second the notion, and with a smile, he suggested, "Let's just go to a faraway land and live there peacefully."

Once again, Enma ignored the idea. He decided to stay in the dark.

"Enma-kun..." he looked back as Shitopi-chan called him.

"We're all tired of this..." Kaoru stated.

"Yeah... Even you, Enma," Rauji pointed out.

"Let's just leave this place..." Kouyou said, and they all waited for Enma's response.

For the last time, Enma brushed off the whole idea. He does not have the guts to fight against their government. He continued to walk in the dark, but he suddenly stopped. Even the chances are slim, he still wanted to try. He looked back, but it was dark, everyone is gone. Two years have passed since their death, and everything was his fault.

"Commander, everything's ready!" a voice from his handheld transceiver brought him back to reality.

"Begin!" he commanded in a bitter and strict tone, and upon his signal, the wailing nose of weapons and cries begun. His cold eyes watched the small town burn down before him; all of this is for the honor of his country and his King.

°~°~°~°~°~°

You tried not to scream in your hideout as you heard your parents being slaughtered by the soldiers. You were born in an era very far from what we call the peace of today. For a seven-year-old child like you, a war like this happens naturally. You trembled in fear, wishing the soldiers to leave, so you can hug your parents before their warmth vanished.

"Everything is finished. Let's go!" the soldier said, and his partner agreed.

You felt happy, from hearing that. You thanked the heavens for listening to you. Seeing them leave, you instantly ran toward your parents.

"Mother! Father!" you hugged both of their bodies drenched in blood.

"Mother! Father!" you called them again, but they responded in silence.

It was already too late. The heavens listened to your wish, the soldiers left, but the same goes for their warmth.

"Mother... Father..." you gently called out their name as tears fell in their cold bodies.

"Wake up..." your shaking voice requested, "Let's leave while the soldiers are not here."

"But the soldiers never left, kid," you froze as you heard a voice by the door.

The two laughed devilishly, waiting to brutally slaughter you like your parents. You did not move as they approached you, not because you were afraid, but you were waiting for them so you can join your parents.

"Run!" a ghost of an unfamiliar girl brought you back to your senses.

Taking your tiny figure as an advantage against the two armed soldiers, you instantly dodged them, and you managed to successfully run away from them. You enjoyed the security you felt from running away, but it did not last.

You bumped against a soldier with a thin and weak demeanor, but his cold red eyes and intense aura scared you. Without hesitation, he aimed a gun at your head, but now you do not feel scared.

"Go on! Kill me!" your mad self, instructed him to, "I do not care anymore! At least I stood up for myself against you evil and selfish people!"

You did not dare to look away from him as you waited for him to pull the trigger.

"Enma!" a familiar voice called him, and he dropped the gun according to his will.

"Ever since I lost them, I wanted to die too..." Enma said, and with warmth in his eyes, he cried, "I'm also tired of this... I want to run away to a peaceful place and reside there!"

You warmly smiled at him, and tears fell also to your eyes. You reached your hand towards him, "Let's go..."

Enma nodded.

°~°~°~°~°~°

'Tsk! Why there are plenty of soldiers guarding this spot!?' Enma said as he hides in the corner, trying to look for a safe spot to pass through. Finally, they are running away, and his family is waiting for him on the other side.

"They rarely inspect this place... Unless..." Enma's eyes widened in fear of what he thought then the sirens started to alarm.

"This can't be!" Enma tried to run back to their place, but a soldier who knew him suddenly dragged him to a different direction.

"Hey! Tsuna! What are you doing!? Let go!" he tried to brush off his hands on him.

"If the sirens are alarmed, you know where we are heading," Tsuna tightened his grip, "Enma, I'm trying to save you! You know what happens to traitors."

All of Enma's courage vanished. He gave up. There's no paradise in this world. It is only a dream, a dream that will never come true.

"Let's go, Tsuna," he coldly said, walking ahead on their path.

As everyone waited for the execution of the caught traitors who are kneeled before their king, Enma and Tsuna arrived. Without hesitation, Enma headed towards his family.

"Oi! Enma, what are you doing!?" Tsuna tried to stop him, but Enma's provoking glare halted his action.

"Your majesty," Enma kneeled before him.

"Nii-san!" "Enma!" his family felt hopeful for his appearance.

"Will you give me the honor?" Enma asked.

The King smirked, and he gave him his signal.

'If peace did not exist, then I' ll be the one to give it to them,' Enma thought. He smiled and shot everyone he loved in the head.

°~°~°~°~°~°

You warmly smiled at him, and tears fell also to your eyes. You reached your hand towards him, "Let's go..."

Enma nodded, and you two walked away from everything. But as the two of you walked away, the enemies aimed their shot, and the trigger was fired.

°~°~°~°~°~°

Thanks for reading! ╰(*'︶'*)╯♡

( ˘▽˘)っ♨

- rené

#BringKHRBack #BringKatekyoHitmanRebornBack #khraprilangst2021