April 3 - Umbrella

°~°~°~°~°~°

"Tsk!" Gokudera clicked his tongue with his eyebrows crossing, literally scaring everyone as he walked by the school's hallway.

Yamamoto, who is trying to chase his pace, laughed at him, "Gokudera, you need to calm down and meet the morning with a smile."

"How can I smile when I first came to the classroom to see Boss and that wimpy red-haired kid together!?" he stopped, pointing a finger at Yamamoto, "I could still feel that he is a threat."

"Calm down. I don't think Enma wants to harm Tsuna. They look happy together," Yamamoto commented.

"So you think we can't make him happy?" he questioned him, understanding the context wrongly.

Yamamoto sighed deeply, but he still smiled brightly, "That's what you think, Gokudera. It is too selfish to think that way. After all, we are not only Tsuna's friend, and I think Enma won't hurt him."

Gokudera felt more pissed, "I shouldn't have talked to you about this. All you know is baseball!"

Yamamoto was hurt when he heard that and decided to leave Gokudera alone until he calms down.

°~°~°~°~°~°

"Yamamoto, are you fine?" Mizuno asked Yamamoto, and he sat beside him at the bench, "You've been staring blankly ever since the practice started. Coach is worried."

"I'm fine. Just some problem with friends," Yamamoto responded.

"Want to share that friend problem?" he asked as he offered him too with a bottle of water.

Yamamoto accepted both offers.

"So that's what happened," Mizuno said after Yamamoto shared the story.

"I understand that he's a bit overprotective of Tsuna, but if he went overboard it won't end up to something good. Why can't he understand that!?" Yamamoto said, releasing his frustration.

"Gokudera is really a stubborn guy," Mizuno commented, "I'm not trying to be biased, but trust me, if you live with Enma, you'll always hear him talk about Tsuna."

Yamamoto smiled, "But even though that guy is a stubborn rock, I won't stop telling him what I think is right, and I'm willing to pull him back up on his downfall."

"Yamamoto, do you know that instead of the rain, you're more like an umbrella. No one might have noticed it, but you are always there to protect your friends from the rain," he stated.

"Thanks, Mizuno," he said, standing up to stretch so he can focus back on his practice.

°~°~°~°~°~°

As Tsuyoshi's tear fell, the rain started falling, and he slowly watched his wife walk away under the umbrella of another man.

Yamamoto as a child watches from afar as his family gets separated, but he decided not to cry because it will only hurt his father more. He immediately looked for an umbrella, and when he found one, he took it and ran towards his father's side.

He brightly smiled, "I won't leave you!"

Seeing his son, Tsuyoshi also smiled back and hugged him tightly because of that Yamamoto's tears also fell.

Ever since that day, Yamamoto was always the happy pill of the people around him. Like an umbrella, he will protect them from the rain.

°~°~°~°~°~°