𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Winter and spring had passed, and before anyone knew it, a team of the Scout Regiment was all tacked up on their horses and headed beyond the walls after the military announced that Wall Maria had been cleared of titans. It's been a year since the Battle of Trost District, and six since the Colossal Titan's first attack on the lands.

The Levi Squad and Hanji were in the front, all of them forming two rows of lines. Eren and the others held no smiles on their faces, but for different reasons. Most were still anxious about what they would find when they reached the end of their path across the land, while others were thinking about how one of their comrades was missing this experience.

After a couple of hours, the Scouts went from riding across flat land, to the mountains, and then on the sand. Their horses maneuvered over the small dunes as they got closer and closer to a large stone wall, blocking what was hidden on the other side.

"This was where they pushed people off and transformed them into titans," Eren says to the few people around him. Levi and Armin looked at the boy who held a blank expression, his eyes holding dark bags underneath.

Even though Y/n never knew it, Eren also always had trouble sleeping, and the only nights he ever got a full rest was when he had her in his arms. Like how she used to with him, he found comfort in her presence. But ever since Y/n died, on the few nights he got a full rest, he would wake up with her name on his lips, and arms reaching out for the girl who was no longer there.

No one said anything as they finally rounded the corner to the wall and saw the blue, shining ocean in front of them. All too speechless they just stared at the vast body of water before them. Different thoughts going through each of their heads, but they all thought the same thing at one point: how they wished Y/n was with them here today.

Armin's mood was rising and dropping at the sight of the ocean, rising because this was always what he'd dreamed about seeing, but dropping when he realizes this is what Y/n, Eren, and the blondie promised each other that they would see this together.

It was often overlooked that the girl made that promise to them both as kids, but that's just because they never saw her looking for books that held any information about the ocean to give to Armin. They never saw her almost get caught several times trying to find those books that held such secretive information.

All of the Scouts tied up their horses nearby as everyone split into their own groups, all going to do their own thing.

Levi held an urn in his hands as he watched Hanji take off her shoes and splash her feet in the water, going to pick up the random creatures in the clear ocean water right away. Levi stood there but then slowly took off his shoes and socks and walked towards Hanji, going to stand a few feet away from the lady, calling out at the same time that the things she was touching might be poisonous.

Hanji came close to Levi, standing almost shoulder to shoulder with the stoic captain.

"Can you believe this, hun? After all this time, we've finally reached this!" Hanji exclaimed with a smile, her face turned down to the silver urn in Levi's arms.

"Calm down, Four-Eyes, it's just water," Levi mutters out while digging his toes in the muddy sand, not minding at the moment that he was getting the bottom of his pants wet. A tiny smile flits over his mouth at a memory.

He and Y/n were in his study, the man doing his daily paperwork while the girl kept him company. She sat on his couch, only a few feet away from his desk, her feet propped up with a book resting on it. It was the book she stole from the Premier's study, the same book she would lend to Armin later on.

"Hey, Levi?"

"Yes, Y/n?" Levi awaits the girl's question while continuing to work, but after a moment of not hearing one, his head turns to the girl.