Chapter 6

Laurel returns to the forest. But she strolled deeper until she reached the place where she met Daphne's father. The place's beautiful. The waterfall gives off a relaxing ambiance, luring her to dive into the waters. Laurel didn't think twice. She removes her clothes and lets the night witness her fair skin before dipping under the waterfall and let the raging waters wash away her worries.

The night has become serene, with the flowing waters and rustling leaves resounds. It's relaxing. Laurel closed her eyes. She let herself float and be part of nature, breathing fresh air and listening to its voice. Being embraced by the water feels rejuvenating, but she's always on alert. A small change in the direction of the wind followed by an aromatic scent could put her on guard. Yet, Laurel didn't move from her spot nor open her eyes to see the one who arrived. It's as if she knew who it was.

"Surely, in this dark of the night, even gods should be asleep, right?"

"If you would only let the night witness your beauty, then I'd regret sleeping tonight."

"It would have been great if you rested in peace."

The god chuckled, "I'd take that as a compliment." He moved atop of the rock beside the waterfall. "Aren't you cold, my love?"

Laurel flinches and breaks away, swimming closer under the raging water. She knows Apollo's nearby, but she doesn't want him to get any closer. It's bad enough that he found her swimming nakedly under the dim moonlight. It would be worse if he gets any ideas that she's letting him in her space.

"I guess that's a no." She heard him mutter. "I didn't mean to disturb your swim, my love. I was only hoping to spend time with you, even for a while."

It's the second time she's been able to speak with Apollo. And in both times, she gets irritated at how persistent the god was. She has always known that gods and goddesses were like nobles and the rich in her time. They always get what they want and take no for an answer. It's ridiculous, so she avoided interacting with any of them until she's transported in ancient times. She never thought this would be her fate. Daphne probably fled because of the same reason, she sighed.

"I don't have time to spare. You should go," says Laurel before busying herself in the water.

"Home is where you are now, my love. I'm content just talking to you." The god didn't hear any response from Laurel, nor does he know if she heard it or not. Nonetheless, Apollo didn't bother saying another word. Instead, he let out his lyre and played a song for his beloved to enjoy her swim.

The music flowed like a lullaby. It eases Laurel and hushes the surrounding once more. As Laurel relaxes, she notices the dust of lights like fireflies circling the waterfall. The little lights emit heat that warms the air when it's close, yet even if she touches them, she doesn't get burned.

The place now filled with dancing lights look otherworldly. It's fascinating and magical. As she glides through the waters, her gaze lands on the god who's playing his music. Laurel didn't expect the god to be oozing with talent. She hasn't seen him do anything other than chase after her. But then again, she never cared about their existence from the beginning. It's amazing. She admits. Apollo can be sensitive and sense the mood sometimes, but she'll never say it out loud. But maybe, just for tonight, I'll let him entice me with his melody.

Before the night came to an end, Laurel moved out of the waters. Even if she loves bathing under the waterfalls, she still needs a good sleep to rest.

"Are you done for the night?" Apollo asked when he saw Laurel move close to the shore.

"I would, but would you mind facing the other direction so I can change?" She ordered. It's fine when she's floating around by the water since it's dark and Apollo's far away from her. But she still feels uncomfortable when the god's within arms reach.