The Tetrabrachius Gem

Chrysolites P.O.V

So, it's been one day since the recruitment of 7H9 and things could NOT be going smoother. With her help, we were able to create a communication system strong enough to function around the entire globe. We're still pretty far away from being able to efficiently traverse space but this is a good step towards that goal.

I pulled my eyes away from the screen in my palm that I've been staring at for what felt like hours, I blinked a few times to let my eyes readjust to the sunlight before looking up towards my left at none other then White Diamond herself who was seated inside her palaquin. "What's her status?" Asked White, it seemed like shes been waiting to ask that one. "Everything is within controllable levels my Diamond. It's Impressive that she manages to stay together at all." I said, gesturing my hand to a screen showing a glowing mass of shifting liquid. Whats going on you may ask? Well, that will be explained soon enough.

"Excellent. Keep monitoring her, she will be a very valuable asset." I nodded my head in agreement. "Yes, my Diamond... Wait" I held the screen in my hand closer to my face, various warnings were flashing across the screen, the forming gem was becoming unstable. "My Diamond, something isn't right." White didn't even have to look at me to respond. "Fix it." I nodded my head, knowing it went unnoticed as I turned to look over my shoulder. "7H9, the enzyme is becoming unstable, readjust the injecter."

7H9 looked up from her finger screen, her new gem stabilizer attatched to the back of her neck with wires leading through her hair and into her gem. Chrysolite and a few volunteer Peridots had taken a few days to create such a device, as they had no efficient method of repairing a cracked gem. "Of course my Chrysolite." A few beeps and boops were heard and the injector readjusted itself on the drop of a cliff where the incubating gem was injected. It's stream of enzyme leading into the mass then calmed, and all the systems around us returned to normal levels.

"How much longer with this take Chrysolite?" I rolled my eyes for what felt like the millionth time today. "There isn't a way for us to figure out the exact time she will emerge my Diamond, but with how long she's been incubating for, we can safely assume she will emerge within the next half an hour or so-" All of a sudden, the ground beneath the injector burst into a cloud of dust and debris, the injector crashed into the ground across from us and burst open, the leftover enzyme hissing as it spread.

"Cleanup crew, control the liquid!" Yelled 7H9, almost immediately a group of Rubies wearing black and blue suits rushed towards the injector with metallic coolers attached to their backs called FP's (Freeze Packs) and silver batons. They surrounded the enzyme and their FP's automatically hummed to life and they're batons were suddenly consumed in ice, cold steam forming. They waved they're batons around the edges of the spreading enzyme, freezing it in place and containing the rest inside a frozen fence.

"Gather what's left of the enzyme and return it to storage." I said, my voice stern and focused. I was glaring at the puff of smoke above me, trying to see if the gem survived. "It seems she's ready." Said White from behind me. 'That or she's shattered' I thought bluntly everyone stood silently as we observed. The smoke eventually cleared, and inside a hole stood a tall figure, both her hands were gripped onto the edges of the hole seeming to have pulled and dug herself out.

My mouth hung slightly agape as her form became clearer. The first and most obvious thing I noticed, was her four arms. She also had white hair that flowed beautifully with the passing breeze, her eyes were a mix between gold and brown, a very well built body that was yellow with canary stripes lining her arms, legs and face. Her gem rested in the center of her stomach, it's cut resembled that of a Trilliant. 'I just analysed her in less then three seconds, what just happened?'
When I eventually broke out my... Trance? I noticed her confused expression, 'Must've noticed all the shocked faces.' I thought.