The Colosseum Incident Pt1

Chrysolites P.O.V

Imagine doing the same thing every single day. No variety, no coincidental interruptions, nothing of interest happening. Ever. That is basically the situation I've been subject to ever since the forming of White Diamonds favourite decoration: The Tetrabrachius gem. Or as I like to call her; Tetra.

It's funny really, she's meant to be an amazing warrior, and is instead shown off to everyone like some sort of prize. It must be terrible, having that sort of weight on your shoulders, at least I had the solitude of my laboratory. But White has a tendency to exaggerate...many things. She also seems to be setting her as an example for other Quartz to follow which is foolish because she's... How do I say this, fresh, new, still warm from the oven. She's only summoned her weapon once for Stars sake!

I paused, the room which was once filled with quick and precise tapping had quickly fallen silent, "I've... only summoned my weapon once." I whispered to myself, as I stared blankly into the hovering green screen in front of me, subtle beeps came from the various machines in the room, which didn't do much to drown out all the intellectual talk coming from my Peridots behind the closed doors of my office, as well as the tools being developed. You could tell from the various hums and rattling of machines and parts behind the door.

I looked down onto my chest, specifically at the dark green gem that sat right smack in the middle of it. "My weapon..." I said aloud now, one of the perks of being locked up in a laboratory was the strange amount of privacy that came with it. I could barely remember what it even was, it was so long ago but I still vaguely remember that it was a sort of spear.

Out of curiosity aided by sheer boredom, I hovered my hand in front of my gem, trying to remember how to even summon my weapon. When nothing happened after awkwardly sitting there for a few seconds, I sighed in annoyance. Had I forgotten how to summon my own spear?

"Come on..!", I muttered through effortful groans

...
There was a hum, a heat spread throughout my form. I dared to sneak a peak, but was only disappointed at the lack of a weapon in my hands, I tried again and again while I watched the green hue slowly start to fade away. This was a lot more tiring then the first time I had summoned it, like a small flame catching a gust of wind, I put all I had into one final push, my gem glowed a little brighter before returning to a dark green once more.

My arms flopped tiredly back onto the armests of my seat, barely missing the screens and buttons on each armrest. I was no longer plauged by boredom, but rather attacked by the crushing feeling of dissapointment, I seemed to have underestimated the difficuly of summoning a weapon. But I'd done it so easily before? Why would it be an issue now?

'Maybe in order to summon my weapon, I would need to be in a situation that requires it?', I glanced out the tainted windows of my office, staring down at the Topaz guards who were preventing a Peridot from entering the laboratory, most likely because she wasn't bearing a special symbol that was required to enter the building. The symbol was a white square, rotated enough to be seen as a Diamond, with a green nyansapo wrapped around it. The Topaz were using war axes that they coincidentally summoned to block the door, using them to cross over one another to deliver an intimidating halt to her advances with little to no effort in the slightest.

"Thanks universe." I grumbled, turns out I was just terrible at summoning my weapon.

I shifted, repositioning myself to look at my screen again remembering what I was supposed to be doing; updating Emervas status.

I shook my head abruptly, I needed to collect my thoughts, work mode: on. Emerva needs a pilot and it isn't large enough for me to fit inside. The ship itself is quite small, a majority of it's mass is directed towards the thruster attatched to its rear, and towards the engine and fuel storage for a calculated safe breach and reentry to and from our planets dense atmosphere. The main objective is to boost our planetary scanners, possibly to the point where we can detect other planets in a completely different solar system from our own. We will achieve this by using Emerva to aid in setting up a orbital surveillance and communication booster... But please just call it an OSCB.