The Colosseum incident Pt2

'Things tend to escalate quickly whenever something out of the ordinary happens.'

I felt myself drifting endlessly in the void that is my gem once again, similarly to when White had trapped me within a bubble for who knows how long, "This had happened twice too many times." I said to nobody in particular, well, not that I could anyway. My voice echoed as if I were in a massive cave, I tried to reform but I think there must've been rubble resting over my gem. It's actually strangely... Comforting drifting like this once again, I don't know if that is a very healthy mindset to have when you're literally in the most vulnerable position you could be in, but it is what it is. It could be better though.

'I wonder what caused the quake in the first place, our planets core is colder than the surface, this shouldn't - or rather, couldn't have been caused by a migrating tectonic plate, not naturally anyway.' During my twelve minutes in this state, which I should really think of a name for, and yes I counted every second, I had discovered that I had some control over my environment in my mind, for instance I had imagined up a couple dozen stars to surround me and light up the endless black. I would've completely numbed out if it weren't for the fact that I couldn't fully rest my mind, was I forgetting something?

'...Oh-" I felt a shock go through me, how could I forget about Cato and 7H9?, "Okay starting to worry a little bit. A lot... Stars how could I forget about them? I know I'm only poofed and Cato is a well baked Peridot but 7H9, she's... Her gem was already damaged beforehand, she- she could've easily shattered in the fall! Oh no Oh no...' My hands were on either side of my head as the stars started flickering, disappearing from the void, "I have to reform, but there isn't enough space!" The once peaceful space suddenly became an extremely Claustrophobic experience.

"Let me out!", I yelled, at this point all the stars had vanished completely. Leaving me stressed and feeling vulnerable, "I don't want to be here!", A few grunts and complaints later, I had made an astounding zero progress. I sighed frustrated, "Ironic. When I actually try to leave, I all of a sudden can't summon that damned rainbow." I looked around expectantly, as if the rainbow would just suddenly appear now that I've said it wouldn't, but surprise surprise it didn't, "What must I do?!" My echo bounced in the empty space again, again and again.

-  -  -

GASP

Green skin and yellow hair burst from a sandpile, coughing and gagging.

They repeatedly smacked their fist onto their chest, eventually coughing up an absurd amount of sand, and a piece of sandstone brick. Even though gems do not need to breathe, Cato discovered that she heavily preferred air over sand occupying her insides.
She took a minute to breathe before admiring the fine mess she'd fallen right into.

With a dry wheeze, she called out, "Hello?"
But only her echo called back.
Pulling herself out of the sandpile, aggressively shaking her triangle shaped hair, she looked upwards towards the surface, the sudden shake that caused this must've been very powerful, because just by the looks of things the fissure must've been easily three hundred meters down. "Stars... if Chrysolite hadn't been there..."

Cato peered around herself, "Hello!?" She called out again. She cupped her hands around her mouth, "ANYONE OUT THERE!?" Besides her echo, it was quiet. There were strange holes all over either side of the crevice... Many strange holes. They weren't like one of the cubbyholes that she herself came from, they were unevenly spread all over the walls, the interior of them appearing wrinkly. Unfortunately Cato couldn't spot neither of her companions.