extra 3 | the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes - part ii

Summary: Harry Potter lived a very ordinary life.
Rating: T
Warnings: Some cussing
Characters: Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Iris Snape, Stella Potter, Leon Potter, Draco Malfoy, Hermione Pettigrew-Potter, James Potter, Ginny Weasley, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Severus Snape

_____

3.

the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes – part ii

(Saturn by Sleeping at Last)
_____

1995

Everybody knew why Senior Undersecretary Dolores Umbridge was sent to Hogwarts.

The Ministry insisted Hogwarts needed to be supervised for a few months, especially after the disastrous Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament that had almost cost Cedric Diggory his life. His father, a respectable Ministry employee, was furious at the mishap that had injured his precious son and had demanded some sort of compensation from Dumbledore. The Headmaster was deeply remorseful, of course, and had met Amos' demands.

Cornelius Fudge had then taken this opportunity to send one of his trusted employees to oversee the appropriateness of the curriculum in said school, making sure that the students were well-equipped in case they were confronted with similar events in their future.

Everybody in Hogwarts knew, of course, that this was just Fudge' stupid lie, so he could snoop around and search for a possible scandalous piece of news that could implicate Dumbledore in something nefarious. Fudge was known to have a not-so-secret hatred towards the Headmaster of Hogwarts for the longest time. Even Dumbledore knew about this, but he'd indulged the Minister lest he weaved a web of lies that would be more disastrous to handle.

Harry instantly felt dread when Dolores Umbridge was introduced during their Welcoming Feast. Her gaudy pink outfit and simpering smile were enough to warn Harry that she was bad news and thus, he'd made it a point not to cross paths with her as much as he could.

The Senior Undersecretary was perhaps the most condescending person Harry had ever met. He silently observed as she criticised his professors without batting an eye, her sickeningly sweet smile enough to send shivers down his spine. She even dared to insult Uncle Sev's way of teaching right to the sourpuss' face; it was a miracle she had left the Potions Lab unscathed.

Harry also heard how she'd been incorrigible in his mother's class. He wasn't interested in Arithmancy too much—that was more of Stella's expertise—and thus had no qualms in not taking the subject. But then, one day, Stella cornered her older brother, a thunderous expression on her face.

"I hate her," she vehemently spat, her bushy hair almost crackling with unsuppressed rage. Harry cautiously pulled Stella away from any spectators, knowing full well unleashing her Selwyn temper would be catastrophic for anybody within a five-meter radius. As her older brother who'd grown up with her for years and also the possessor of the infamous Selwyn blood, Harry was long immune to her terrible tantrums.

"Umbridge?" he tentatively asked, flinching a bit when her hazel eyes dangerously flashed.

"She insulted Mum," she harshly cried. Her hands were now balled into tight fists at her side. "Said her colour-coded schedules for her students were too over-the-top and, I quote the bloody bint, 'Are a waste of her time when clearly no one appreciated her efforts'!"

Harry's blue eyes grew wide in horror and indignation. At the same time, angry tears gathered in Stella's eyes. "Mum's colour-coded schedules are wonderful and I know she's a bit barmy for painstakingly making one every year for all of her students but how dare she tell her no one appreciates her efforts!"