Chapter 12 | PERMISSION |

Unedited

____

It was the day before the party and Adrien was adamant that he'd attend, trying to conjure up ways to tell ladybug he needed a night out. The blonde wasn't paying much attention as the teacher discussed their topics.

He didn't really like how his lady was acting nowadays and it seems like he's starting to loose touch with her, he let out an inaudible sigh as he jotted down notes.

"dude, is there a problem?" his best friend whispered, nudging him with his elbow. The blonde smiled a little to reassure him, "I'm fine Nino. Just something with my father again." he lied, in an attempt to have no one disturb him afterwards. It worked, as Nino shrugged in response, "alright, if you say so. But dude, are you gonna attend the party?" the dark skinned male asked.

Adrien looked around, to see if anyone was tuning in especially the teacher, but thankfully no one was so he ducked a little behind his notebook as he questioned—their voices low enough for the two of them to hear, "you aren't supposed to be talking about that in public right? What if the teachers find out?" the two glanced at the one in front of them who's back is to them, which is a relief so they went back to secretly talking.

"yeah but I've overheard y/n saying something about you might coming though."

Adrien perked up at mention of the girl, does she really talk about him—not in a bad way of course, when he's not around? If so, he felt oddly giddy, he showed a small smile, "is that so? And yeah. I will. Hopefully after managing to find a way from the clutches of Natalie and my bodyguard." Adrien remarked.

Nino nodded, "right, well goodluck at that. Do you want some help or something?" the male offered, but Adrien shook his head, "thanks for the offer but nah, I don't think I'll need it. Trust me. I'll be meeting up with y/n so that I won't get lost though." the blonde said.

With that Nino smirked, "speaking of which, is there anything going on between the two of you?" Adrien's eyes widened, the feeling that started to brew inside of him was new. Was he feeling embarrassed? "I– what? Hah. Don't be silly."

His friend laughed at his embarrassment, "come on bro, it's written all over your face."

Adrien contemplated at the thought and licked his teeth, actually, over these past few days, he no longer felt that infatuated with Ladybug. Instead, he started feeling all giddy around y/n. Could it be?

The blonde stood there as the gears turned in his head and all of a sudden it clicked.

"w-what?"

~~~

Y/n sighed in her seat, wondering how much she'd have left to be able to finally buy a camera. Her thoughts drifted, noticing the two males in front of her conversing. She didn't pay much attention to it though as class soon came to a close. Then all of a sudden, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

The girl jolted, whipping around to see no one catching her attention, rather— a piece of paper fluttered to her face.

What's this?

~~

class dismissed, people started piling out the room leaving Nino and Adrien to remain. "you coming dude?" nino asked his friend and Adrien shook his head, "you can go first. I need to do something for the meantime, I'll see you at the party."Adrien told him and his friend shrugged, waving his buddy a see you later and went to catch up to his girlfriend — Alya.

Adrien fiddled with his strap and after the coast was clear, his kwami, plagg flew out.

"are you really going, Adrien?" the little cat asked his holder, munching on a piece of camembert. He wasn't that inclined with Adrien skipping out on his duties since there was a akuma on the loose, feeling a little worried that things will go bad as time passes on but it's been a while since they last seen it. Who knows what it'll do the next time it shows itself.

Adrien thought the same thing, but since it's been days since they last saw it, he'd bet that the night will pass on without a single problem. Though they'd have to eventually track it down and find it. "yeah, I've decided. Besides this town has ladybug, I'm sure she'll be able to handle the patrol without me for just one night."

Plagg pursed his lips, then shrugged not going to bother much about it if Adrien thinks it's ok. "whatever floats your boat." he then gobbled up the rest of the cheese and burped.

Adrien glanced outside, hoping to see if Ladybug would pass by and coincidentally, the said girl flew by in all seriousness. The blonde gulped and fist punched the air as he exclaimed,

"plagg, claws out!!"

With the transformation complete, Chat Noir opened the classroom window and used his extending staff to maneuver his way to his lady.

_

With the akuma defeated, he stood ways from Ladybug as he rolled on his heels. Chat Noir hasn't said a word, even after Ladybug shouted "Miraculous Ladybug!" The atmosphere between the two of them was dense but Chat had decided to throw his hands up in defeat and said,  "I'm sorry Ladybug."

The girl's eyebrow twitched, she turned to chat with an expression he couldn't quite decipher and sighed.

"I should be the one saying sorry chatton." she told him, adding, "I just haven't been in the best mood lately." her bluenette hair shone under the sun. The pair had been fighting akumas for years so there had been a few squabbles between them, and it was always Chat who had to break the ice first so that nothing more could come of the argument. He usually had something to say to lighten the mood but now Chat Noir silently debated what he should do next,  that is,  before Ladybug patted his shoulder.

"it should be us against the bad,  not us against one another.  Right Chat?" she questioned him,  passing him to look down at the city below. Chat felt a sudden pang of guilt, now he'd feel bad to ask her for a day off. 

"y–yeah... Right, ladybug." he pursed his lips. 

"but uh,  my lady, I might be able to show up for the night patrol—" He started,  he could almost visibily see her go rigid and he continued, "because uh— something urgent came up.. So I was hoping that you'd understand.."

There was another silence between them,

"that's for something important, right?" she asked. Side eye-ing him. Her eyes shone in suspicion. He almost gulped and nodded, hoping that a repeat of what happened in New York would happen. He didn't want to see Ladybug's disappointed figure. But as of the moment,  he really wanted to be closer to y/n. And this was the only opportunity he had to deepen their little friendship.

"yeah.. Something important." he confirmed. 

Beep beep!!

The sound of their miraculouses got them both out of their conversation, making ladybug frown a bit and looked away. "ok..  That better be true chatton,  please don't disappoint me." she said, before taking out her yo-yo, glancing at him one last time before flying off, leaving chat a little guilty.  But soon he felt himself grinning.

He hoped that after the party, he could perhaps make y/n like him, not as a friend. But something more.