Chapter 07 | Close |

Unedited

___

Y/n woke with a start, she was energetic today. Having to be happy with the news she has received just the day before. It truly was ecstatic! She quickly got into her clothes, packing her lunch and set off to school.

~

The h/c girl walked up the steps of her school, rather swiftly, unaware her surroundings— she accidentally bumped into a bluenette who was busy yawning. Marinette jolted, fully awake now due to the surprise. Eyes wide she turned her head to the source who was busy clutching her forehead— which was the first to impact onto the bluenette's somewhat hard shoulder, Marinette placed a hand onto her aching shoulder and nearly bit her tongue in irritation, early in the day she encounters the only person she wishes to avoid. The bluebell squinted her eyes at the girl, about to say something before Y/n cut her of, holding onto Marinette's hands, surprising the latter. She was confused, why did...

"Oh, my, goodness! I am Soooooo sorry! Please forgive me. I didn't mean to bump into you!" Y/n apologizes, still holding onto Marinette's hand, the bluenette didn't know what to do, though she didn't expect this. She made sure in her mind that y/n was quite a bitch, snobbing chloe off here and there... Stealing Adrien and Luka's attention... Anyway, naturally she would've gotten up herself and ignored her, but her instincts told her to accept it already. Marinette inwardly sigh, Y/n was frantic and wanted to help marinette up, feeling so stupid for being way too clumsy. Oh god did she feel like wanting to shrink into a hole, especially since it was Marinette— the person she feels who has an aura of a person who doesn't like her not one bit, she bumped into. It didn't help that the said girl didn't reply and her eyes held the look of distaste to them.

Y/n's cheeks flustered, not knowing what else to do, but before she could stand up, a pain washed through her head and arm. I mean, it wasn't like it fully healed, but she didn't put any mind to it. Instead she was busy wincing at the migraine that began to form, possibly due to the doctor saying not to get any impacts for a while since I haven't at all gotten the important parts of my memories back. Well, that's what the doctor did say when she went for a check up the week before. Y/n felt even more embarrassed when she saw countless of other students walk by them, others stopping to see what was happening. "I truly, truly am sorry, here, let me help you–" She offered, but a hand was placed before her before she could even stand.

"No please, don't apologize. It's fine, don't put too much thought into it, I'm sure I would have been just as Careless." Unexpectedly, Marinette spoke up. Her voice gave y/n a relief, It sounded like it held no disdain towards her. The girl looked up at the bluenette biting her lips, marinette stood up and dusted herself off from the impact earlier— getting dirt and dust onto her clothing, she too was about to get up when she felt a hand on her other arm—which was the better one, help her up. "here you go, up and on your feet." she heard Marinette mutter, though Y/n still felt guilty from bringing marinette into her clumsiness. Y/n's eyes looked down, standing in an awkward stance. Marinette had her eyes on her, before sighing in defeat. She couldn't get angry at her forever, seeing as how y/n didn't mean it. "just please watch where you're going next time... Ok?" Marinette softly said, before the bluenette turned around, catching up to Alya who was up a few steps ahead. Being an awesome friend who did nothing to help her. "jeez Alya, that was one hectic way to start the day." Marinette said once she reached her bestfriend, though quietly since she didn't want Y/n to wallow in guilt for the rest of the day seeing as how the h/c girl was jolly right until that small incident. Alya chuckled, "and here I thought you were about to throw a tantrum, Mari. That was rather nice of you." she told her, since Alya was watching the whole thing. Marinette groaned, "I couldn't help it. She looked very sincere when she apologized so... I.. Just.." the girl sighed, Alya shaking her head at her friend's response. Noticing in her peripheral vision a certain blonde behind y/n.