𝟏𝟕. 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹

𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞: 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥

The scenery could only be described as catastrophic. As much as the attack had been planned out, prepared for and, in some cases, even anticipated, nobody was ever truly prepared to witness such a mass, murderous chaos.

The number of bodies that you witnessed fall to the ground only increased, and yet there wasn't a sliver of mercy to be felt towards those who had been attacked by your swift movements. They were the enemy, however kind and cordial they had appeared just a few minutes prior to the initial explosion. Your main goal was to eradicate the soldiers, but if anyone were to get in the way, it was an immediate hit for their behalf.

Running across the plaza, you headed towards a seemingly intact building, just off to the left of where you had first entered the vast area. Though, it was clear that it was anything but peaceful inside the four walls, fired shots being herd clearly as you quickly approached the entrance. A few citizens were fleeing the site; luckily, though, none of them had seemed to hold the intention of attacking you.

You halted your steps at the large doorframe, catching your breath as you took in what was going on inside. Your fellow allies were fighting against members of the military, who you assumed were the first ones to have reached the sight.

Luckily, you saw no injured bodies that you recognised on the ground, but you could see that fighting off the armed Marleyans was posing as a problem. Taking in a deep breath, you charged into the busy entrance, catching one of the men off guard just as he was going to shoot one of your comrades.

Keeping a low profile, you sprinted away from the now fallen guard, your next target similar to the last. It was a matter of bringing a knife to a gun fight, though in this scenario, you had some armed allies to back you up. Amongst them stood Onyankopon, who gave you a nod of approval after you had successfully rid him from a rather pestering soldier.

Gun shots echoed off the walls and, more often than not, you saw yourself having to shield yourself behind the volunteers. Your attire was capable of taking a few, passing hits, courtesy of the sturdy material from your corset as well as the double layered skirt; but if you were to receive one near your chest, there was no telling how long you'd be able to hold up.

A few more men were shot down, whilst others decided to take a run for it, heading into the evermore dangerous square that stood amidst the attacked buildings. Leaning against one of the volunteers, you noticed several familiar faces out in the main plaza, one of which was Viktoria. She was surrounded by other women, as well as a few of Mr. Yeager's men.

You were relieved, knowing that, up until that point, there didn't seem to be any casualties. Taking note at the fact that the building had been wiped out from any soldiers, everyone made their way back out, smoke filling the air as the bombs packed in the carriages were set off in assigned order.

This came by as an advantage, as the horses that had been dragging along the wooden cabins were now being ridden by both women and men, facilitating the task of dodging hits that came from every corner of the site.

Limp bodies were strewn across the stoned surface, and you had to hold back a sigh as you ran past them. These people most likely had families to whom they would never return to.

But you had a reason to return in one piece. Viktoria, Yosefine, Mrs. Henzler...

Yelena.

Yelena.

Where was she? You knew she had been stationed on the rooftops, but all you could do was wonder if she was still up there or fighting alongside everyone down on the ground. Above all, you hoped she was managing to get through the masses without any injuries, any major injuries.