𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

"Has anyone seen Klara?"

The hinges on the door to the kitchen screeched as they were hastily opened, causing many heads to turn around, taking notice of the owner of the voice that had halted everyone's actions.

Looking rather exasperated, a ponytail of dark hair only just managing to stay up, Viktoria skimmed over everyone who was preparing the tavern for the day's work.

Some by the table, others stacking wine that had just been delivered. None of the faces were the one she was looking for, though.

Setting the glass you had been drying onto the bar's counter, you lifted an eyebrow towards the shaken woman.

"She was here a few minutes ago; have you really lost track of her so soon?"

"I can keep up with her, I swear!"

To be fair, that was something you could all agree on. Training new, young members of AGL was never easy, especially when some were only just going into their teenage years.

But, alas, no matter the age, any woman found without a family who is searching for a purpose was welcomed with warm arms at The Resting Willow.

"I think I saw her head off towards the plaza. She'll probably be back soon, I don't suppose there are many people out there at this hour of the morning"

A sharp inhale from Viktoria's behalf was the only answer Bernadette got from her before she returned back into the kitchen, mumbling incoherent words as she did.

Despite her enthusiasm to be in charge of the younger recruits, she was starting to realise just how much of a motherly role she was doing to have to play now.

Nonetheless, you could tell she enjoyed telling the girls stories of attacks and missions you had all taken part in throughout the years, never leaving out the names of those you had lost during them.

Two years had passed since the attack against the Marleyans. Some volunteers had passed through the town of Llyne and greeted you all with bright smiles during this time, but you had never seen Yelena between them when they did.

Busy days and entertaining nights allowed you to drift your thoughts away from the fact that she had yet to come in contact with you; however, you hadn't lost hope. News from the larger cities of Marley would reach you in the papers, and it was clear that the fight had far come to an end.

And so, you simply continued to wait.

Turning your attention back to the shelves behind the bar, you wondered if the alleged news regarding so-called titans being used to fight against enemies was true.

None of you had heard anything about them before, but the rising tension between frontlines had increased the reports regarding the strategies that the Marleyans were following. This headline, however, only caused an array of confused expressions amongst everyone.

It sounded as though they were simply making up names for weapons now just to intimidate the  opposition. Typical, for them. Luckily, Llyne was located at a far enough distance from major military bases and, so, it was never involved in major attacks.

As you pondered on the thought, you heard a distant knock coming from nearby. Certainly not from the front door, it seemed that someone had passed by the back entrance of the tavern.

You turned around, wondering if anyone else had heard it and perhaps was going to find out who was there. Although, by the unfazed sight of your companions, you figured the noise had been too faint to hear from where they were stood, chattering away as they finished up setting everything for the opening hour.

There was no use in waiting for another knock, so you tucked the cloth you had been using underneath the counter and made your way over to the wooden door.

Every time you passed by it you were surprised it could even withstand holding onto its hinges as its wood was completely covered in cracks and small holes.

Despite its fragile state, you were able to push it open far enough to see if anyone was standing outside.

A cool breeze ran past you, leaving you to stare out into the empty alleyway, puzzled. It wasn't until you looked down that you realised someone had paid a quick visit to drop off a singular, white envelope.

Leaning down, you slipped your hand out to retrieve the letter, there being just enough room for you to fit your arm between the door and its frame.

You held the envelope in both hands as you closed the door behind you, inspecting one of its sides for some sort of name or address. It wasn't until you turned it over that you were met with small handwriting on the bottom right of the envelope, taking you by surprise as a result.

The only way to read it was to bring it nearer to you, making you feel rather old as you did. Albeit, the words written were such small in size that you couldn't even fathom how one could pull that off.

'Mrs. Henzler, The Resting Willow'

At least it had been delivered safely and to its rightful recipient.

As your eyes scanned over the remaining information written on the thin paper, you could feel a knot forming in your throat. Rereading the small letters, making sure you had understood correctly where the letter had come from, your head shot up upon realisation.

"Y/N, is everything alright back there?"

Viktoria, with a young Klara stood not too far behind her, approached you as she realised you weren't where she had expected you still to be, by the bar.

She noticed the envelope in your hand, offered to her as you remained silent.

It read as follows:

'Mrs. Henzler, The Resting Willow

As Warrior Commander, Mr. Yeager,

Liberio'

━━༻❁༺━━

- I would like to give you all my loving gratitude for having followed and read this fic until its very end, and that if you are reading this, know that I love and appreciate you very much !

To say this started as another one of my spontaneous fics - which hardly ever get finished or even meet the halfway point - I am so happy to have gotten to the end of it and, even more so, to have had such amazing readers throughout its production (? if you could consider it that idek.

And although Yelena will always be one of my most favoured characters in AOT, I don't think I'll be writing for her again. I feel like if I continue with this storyline - or any other, really - I may stray from her character. And that's far from what I'd want, of course.

As for writing, I may have had an idea for another book regarding a certain Warrior for some time now, but I don't know for sure yet. I need y'all's thoughts on this one .

That is all from me. Once more, I'm sending you all so much love and hope you are all healthy and well ily ily ily

- cherub