I wish I was dating Nick Jonas

Chapter 2

"Dad!" I yelled out loud hoping he was home.

"Sorry Miss, but your dad isn't home." I heard a feminine voice from behind.

I turned around to find a petite maid behind me. I wonder where my mother was.

"Your mother was at the homeless shelter with Mrs. Dandil." She read my mind. I groaned and made my up the stairs. Did my parents forget that I lived? It was like they spend more time with the pack and others than me, their own daughter.

I went to my room. I threw my bag on my pink bed and made my way to the closet. I settled for some sweatpants and a white t shirt. Then, I divided into my backpack to find the quarterly grade report.

I scanned the paper to find the class rank. A frown formed on my face as I saw I was number three out of our class again. After a few minutes gushing over the news, I started my homework. I let out a sigh knowing I would be out of this school and into my dream college in a few months and would not need to bear this much awful amounts of homework.

The door flew open and I looked out to see my favorite butler, James, standing outside the door. He was one of the handsomest men I knew. He had light brown hair and unusual purple eyes. I think that's the favorite thing I like about him. He was different physically and emotionally. He was not a pure werewolf. His black and white "maid" uniform hugged his body. He approached me with a small smile and his eyes twinkling.

"How are you doing kiddo?" He spoke in a gentle voice. The sad thing about our relationship was he treated me like a kid sometimes.

I gave him a glare and pushed a finger into his hard stomach knowing there were some good looking abs"I am not a kid. I am only three years younger than you."

A smirk grew on his face and he replied wittly "You are still a teen so it makes you a kid." He shrugged his shoulders and his smirk grew bigger.

"So, how are you doing?" He pulled up a chair and sat beside me.

"Okay." I answered while twisting the pencil in my hand. He took the pencil from my hands and enveloped my small hands into his warm, big ones.

"I know you are not fine. Is it because of that idiot?" He always knew what was wrong. It was like he knew me more than I knew myself. Maybe, that was why he was my best friend.

"Which one?" I answered while rolling my eyes.

"Nick Jonas?" I glared at him and he pulled his hands away and set them in a surrender position. His laughter echoed into the room and I could not help laugh along with him.

"I wish I was dating Nick Jonas, but this jerk's name is Nick Jman." I took the pencil from his hands and twisted it in my hands again.

"I thought he liked me for me.However, he just used me." I waited for what he would say. I needed his comfort and tell me there are good guys.

"You know, there will be guys like that." I looked at him to find his purple eyes darkening.

"There will be jerks but there will always be one man in your life who will like you for you. That man is your soulmate." I scrunched up my face and turned around to look back at my homework.

"Won't you know who it is soon?" He asked me softly.

"January 1st." I whispered hesitantly.

His tone changed drastically and was filled with happiness "great! You will have the man of your dreams soon kiddo."

I just nodded and looked at his small smile before whispering "I hope he will like me for who I am."

"I am sure he will." He whispered before heading to the door. He turned around in the last minute and spoke "oh, speaking of January 1st, your mom wanted to talk to you about your party. She is downstairs"