Care Bear

So, I am revising this story. I think there are too many characters. I don't like it. It's hard to remember them and annoying.

I fell asleep after seeing the one-minute match between Brandon and Finny. Brandon won it really quickly. It was expected by looking at his muscular form. I won't be surprised if he goes to the top.

Other than the fact that I was watching with my family, it was a great match. I wish we would share more moments like those.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I bumped into someone. I tend to do that way too often. Damn my clumsiness.

"Sorry." I squeaked way too fast.

The red-haired girl raised her eyebrow and asked "what?"

She looked way too familiar. I felt like I have seen her somewhere. Oh! I remember. She was scowling at Vincent when he offered to give me a ride.

"Sorry, it was my fault." I wished Duke was here to witness this! I never felt so proud of myself. I am was actually saying sorry and I felt warmth spreading in my stomach. I felt like a care bear without a belly badge.

She seemed to recognize me and her eyes are dilated and a frown formed on her face. "It's fine," she shoved past me. Why was everyone so mean to me? Do all of them think of me as a brat? This “being nice to everyone thing” was going to be a lot harder.

I walked into class to find Vincent sitting next to my assigned one. Now is the time to find my answers. I gave him a quick smile before greeting him. Like always, he was expressionless.

"Can I ask you something?" I blurted out.

Silence.

"Okay, I am going to ask. Who is the red-haired chica?" I found a flicker of emotion on his face before he masked it with an expressionless mask.

"Why? Did something happen to her?" He cared about her. So, she must mean something to him.

I went along with it. "Yes, she is in the hospital. But, they aren't letting anyone close to her. Just family."

I barely heard him when he whispered "well, they have to let me in. I am her effenin' mate." There it is! I was bobbing in my seat as if I solved the greatest mystery in the world. I felt his stare on me and I piped down.

Realization hit him and he groaned out loud. I felt his eyes darken as he growled the next few words only for me to hear "you better not tell anyone or I will personally-" I covered my ears before he could say anything. He must have felt the fear sweat off me because he leaned back to his chair without saying another word through the rest of class.

I wonder why he doesn't want anyone to know. It was just like my story. I could tell both of them care for each other. I mean, she seemed to get really jealous of me. She had no reason not to be jealous of.  I am basically perfection except my attitude.

I got out of class as soon as the next bell rang.

On cue, my wannabes walked right in line with me. I screeched to a stop when I saw Duke with the girl I bumped into earlier. She was omnipresent! I snapped my fingers.

In sync, one of the wannabes presented me all the information about her through the mindlink.

Her name is Hasi. She is the little sister of Duke.

"That's it?" I asked Michelle.

Michelle shrugged her shoulders before responding "that's all the we have. She doesn't talk to a lot of people."

"Find more about her. I'll see you, later." I ordered them.

I walked up to Duke after Hasi left. He was aggravated. I am guessing there was some disagreement between them.

"What do you want, Jan?" He groaned.

"What is up with you and your sister?" I asked rather bluntly. He raised his eyebrow at me before a smirk forming on his face.

"Just because you are my-very special friend, it doesn't mean you get to know my life story." Why wasn't he open with me?

"Fine. I just wanted to help." That seemed to grab his attention.

"Jan wants to help?"

I nodded my head.

"You?" He pointed his fingers at me.

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head like a dog once more. I realized my pun after a minute and couldn't help laughing. Duke seemed to be really curious as to what was going in my head, since he couldn't keep out of my mind.

"Ha. Ha. That was stupid." He said with a heart-grabbing, stomach-gurgling smile. I must be really hungry.

"Please." Can't he sense my desperation? I can and I never hit this low, before.

"Okay. Fine. My sister never seems to talk to anyone. She doesn't let people in so easily and I don't want her to be a loner." That was too darn cute. I couldn't help pinch his cheeks and that's exactly what I did. I wish I had a protective older brother. I mean, I do have James, so that solves the problem.

"What if I be her friend and make her happy?" I asked him after he slapped my hands away from his cheeks.

"Like that will happen." I growled at him for not believing in me.

"It will." I responded with determination.

"If you do, then-okay." He walked away from me with a small smile.

Hope you like the chapter. An hour and half late, but Happy Fourth of july!

Share, like and comment! :)

Next update: Two weeks from now due to exams. :(