What a Sneaky Prick

Chapter 7

“Sooo...the best thing about not finding your mate is-” Abby said in a preppy tone.

“What?” I was actually waiting to hear her stupid answer. They were the highlight of my day.

“Dating other guys.” I rolled my eyes and went back to staring at my paper. It has been a week since my party. I saw Duke every damn day and his perfect girlfriend. It was like a nightmare except real.

I hate how she touches him.

I actually had to agree to my wolf on that one thing. I don’t get why he is still with her? I know, he made a deal with me but still. Shouldn’t he be following it too? He is a two faced double standard loser.

Don’t insult him.

I ignored my wolf and went back to concentrating on my classwork. The bell rang and I was glad to get away from Abby. I feel like I just lost some brain cells from sitting with her.

“Hey” A husky voice said behind me.

I turned around to find the bad boy standing there with an innocent smile on his face.

“Hey V!” I purposely called him. He let out a growl which caused me to step backwards.

Before I could even comprehend, I was pushed aside and heard a loud growl vibrating in the air. My heart soared and I felt some sweat between my fingers. I did not have to guess who it was. There in front of me stood Duke with his hands clenched and a raging look on his face.

He is protecting us.

I rolled my eyes and answered to my wolf. It’s only because that is a mate’s first instinct. It’s not like he actually cares.

I saw his hardened jaw and anger rise into his brown eyes. Cassey came towards him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

You won’t be able to calm him down, blonde.

He looked at her before diverting his attention to me. I took careful steps to him. He watched me like a lion does when it is hunting a deer. I was the deer while he was the lion. I knew I had to do or say something that would calm him down. I did not want Vincent to get hurt. I mean, I would love for these boys to fight for me. However, I would not want them to fight because of me.

“D-D-Duke.” I spitted out. I was nervous beyond belief. I could not contain the butterflies eating my stomach from being so close to him.

He must have taken it in the wrong way and softened his face. I was not scared of him. I could not speak due to the bond effects.

“Vincent didn’t do anything wrong.” I heard gasps around me and rolled my eyes. Did they not see me telling the truth?

I turned around to look at Vincent. His nose was pinched up but he did not look as intimidating as Duke.