Girlfriend

Chapter 16

I looked at the collection of the jewelry on my nightstand. I was going to auction some of my prized jewels tonight to help the orphanage. I didn’t know how much they would be worth, but if I could help in any single way, I knew that would mean a lot.

They needed that money more than me. Afterwards, I choose a light pink evening gown with simple heels and light makeup.

“Honey, are you ready?” I yelled back to her. I was so glad that I was spending my time with my mother. She was beyond  excited when I told her I would join her at the gala.

I collected the jewelry in a bag and descended down the stairs to find my mother in a similar dress like my mine.

“What’s in the bag?” She asked me. I gave her a huge smile while answering “I also wanted to donate some of my jewels that I got.” She pulled me into a hug and complimented me “I am so proud of you, sweetheart.”

I asked her since I couldn’t find my father “is daddy going to come?” I saw her smile change. It was fake since her eyes didn’t light up.

“He has a business meeting.” I didn’t want to dampen the mood and just nodded my head with a big smile.

“Let’s go!” My mother grabbed my hand and we went in the limo. After a few minutes, the limo stopped. I didn’t think we magically transported there. It was an hour away at a country club. Before I could ask my mother, Mrs. Dandil, our Luna, opened the door and got inside. After a second, Duke got in.

I didn’t know if he spotted me yet. But, I couldn’t stop lingering my eyes on him. He cleaned up nice. I noticed he had a five o'clock shadow but it made him look more manly. His brown eyes were contrasted with his white shirt and grey suit with matching colored pants. I felt my wolf surface trying to be near him. However, I controlled her, so we didn’t grow any suspicion to ourselves.

He gazed around the limo catching my eyes. I felt his eyes move up and down my sitting figure. I felt pride overwhelmed at the thought of him wanting me. His eyes shifted to a darker black within seconds and I could see his body visibly shake. I knew his wolf wanted control and mark me. However, he was restraining himself for obvious reasons.

“Jan, you look so beautiful. “ Mrs. Dandil said and it proved to be the perfect distraction since Duke snapped out of his wolf trance.

“Thank you, Mrs. Dandil. I really love your dress color.” I complimented her. She was a nice lady. She was so caring towards the pack. I really thought she was one of the best lunas out there. She was nice enough to rescue Duke and mother him.

“You don’t even come to our house anymore.” I gulped when she said.

“I don’t have much time with college and everything.” She nodded her head. I couldn’t help the guilty feeling from lying to her. I guess Duke knew I was hiding something since I could feel his heated stare and him trying to poke through my mind. I need to tell him to stop doing that.

What are you not telling me? Duke mind-linked me after my mom and the Luna started talking to each other. I ignored him and looked at my phone to see a text from Ferb.

Children are in the car. Looking wonderful thanks to you. I felt a blush reach my cheeks. I clicked on the picture to see the kids in the dresses I picked out for them. I showed Duke the picture hoping to distract him from asking me again.

“What are you looking at, Jan?” My mom asked me. I showed the Luna and my mother the picture. They couldn’t help cooing.

“You picked out the dresses? That is so sweet of you. They look adorable.” I couldn’t help but feel a bit embarrassed from the attention I received from the Luna.