4. kahn's lawns

** This is a 32 chapter update, starting at chapter 4 - Kahn's Lawns. Even for those of you who have already read a lot of these chapters, I recommend starting from this chapter for a refresh on all plot points and nuances of the story!! **

***

Hey guys ❤️. Greetings to new Asterism readers, and a welcome back to those of the past. I thought about stretching out the updates but decided to give you guys the decision for yourselves. I can't guarantee consistent, weekly updates past chapter 35 (as the story is still far from over) but I am going to do my very best to keep up with this story and get it finished.

I did not change as much as I anticipated I would, after a long time of thinking over it and reading over it myself, I love where it's been and where it's going. As a reader you have the choice to love or dislike any story you read, and from there stop reading it. But I am really proud of what I'm creating here, and I'm proud of my journey to becoming a better writer.

To my OG readers, the select group of you whose profiles I follow and feel like friends of mine, I really really missed you, and wanted to give you a special shout out because I've seen your support, comments, and patience as you waited for me to come back. And here I am :)

For those who have already read Asterism before, there are several never before published chapters added (I believe 3 or 4), with a special someone visiting from out of town 😁...

I'm not going to make this note long and sentimental, but I'm beyond grateful to be in a place in my life where I can come back to writing. I will not be pressuring myself to update into the future, so please feel free to pace yourself with these chapters so you have something to read consistently. I am in full time school, and have three jobs. I will do the best I can while prioritizing my own health and my education and other responsibilities. I hope you all can understand that. I love writing here, and I hope to continue into the future after Marley's series, but certainly at my own pace.

Hope you all have been doing well these days. Would love to chat in comments. Did you miss the series? Are you going to pace yourself reading it or binge it all in one go (don't blame u, I tend to do that he he). What else have you been reading. How's life been for you lately? :)

P.S. A 32 chapter update has got to be some kind of record dude

***

MARLEY blinked up at her boyfriend with half-lidded eyes and damp lashes, sinking deeper into the now barely warm bath water. Despite its chilled temperature, her limbs were jello and she couldn't imagine doing anything other than floating uselessly right now. Being without Aiden for a month left her restless and more alert, naturally feeling less safe, and now that she was finally home every ounce of tiredness that she hadn't felt for four weeks was hitting her full force.

But, it wasn't like they could stay in the bath forever. The water was colder and both she and Aiden's fingers and toes were pruning when he finally managed to pry her body from where they had snuggled in comfortable silence, relishing in the feeling of their reunion, and how certain their lives were intertwined now.

The light slid across the matte surface of his promise ring as he wriggled his fingers again, encouraging her to stand. "It's time to get out, spitfire," he murmured softly. "Come on. I'll help you, and we'll go right to bed, okay?"

She mumbled an agreement incoherently. Aiden had already dried himself off and dressed in a pair of sweatpants, so she was getting cold in here alone anyway. Marley stretched her arms towards him after a few deep breaths and rubbing her eyes. As he helped her stand with his fingers closing around her own, she was far more awake watching his t-shirt stick to her body like glue, soaking wet, heavy and dripping water down her legs.