22. she speaks

Hey guys, last chapter was very controversial and I've gotten a lot of comments . and even a personal attack or two over it. But this update is not where I will discuss it, or even what it is for those who are unaware. Next update is between today and tomorrow, where I will beleaving a small A/N to clear things up, then, because this chapter now is dedicated to one of my readers, Tanya, whose birthday is today! 🥳🥳

Her friend Ujjwala ujjwalamodi sent me a message asking if I could post a chapter on this special day and I was more than happy to deliver 💕 I'm lucky that my birthday isn't anytime soon, but have friends and family who are really bummed they can't celebrate like normal, and at how tough this time is for everyone in general. Besides, I always love the chance to give back to my readers in whatever way I can, to thank you for your support in getting me this far 🥺🥺.

So, without further adieu, here's chapter 21, and I wish a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tanya mahawartanya !!! 🥳🥰🥰 thank you for your support and love for this series!!! - Ave

***

THE rest of Marley's weekend at Yale was night and day compared to the dreadful Friday night frat party.

On Saturday after they toured the campus, Marley and Gabby spent a 'digital girls' night' with Bree and Sarah during a football game the Bears won by a landslide.

Then, on Sunday, they were up early to go for coffee, and shop at local thrift stores like they used to. Marley and Gabby found clothing pieces they liked and hated, trying on both extremes for the laughs and silly photos. They found Halloween costumes, but Marley was the only one who planned on going out to a party. She had a feeling Gabby wouldn't be going to any of those for a long while.

Some college experiences just aren't worth the trouble they cause.

Arms full of bags they returned from shopping to Gabby's dorm where her roommate Dani was studying. Throughout the rest of that day Gabby was an open book about her friends - she, Dani, and Marley sharing stories of their respective colleges during study breaks.

By the crack of dawn on Monday morning, Marley felt like Gabby Collins' closest friend again, and it was clear the feelings were mutual as they struggled to say goodbye. The biggest comfort for the both of them was that from now on, their phone calls and text exchanges would be different. Gabby would be more open and honest, and Marley would be a better confidant. The air was cleared between them, and they were closer than ever.

Marley's smile didn't disappear on the entire drive back to Brown, a drive she spent with her phone on vibrate - just herself and music. She wanted the time to decompress and take in the open roads around her, to be content in her own little bubble, singing along to songs she knew. She forced herself against occupying her empty mind with anxieties or negative thoughts, choosing mental serenity instead.