Chapter Three

"C'mon, we'll help you with walking in the shoes." I looked up at Niall who held one of his hands out for me to take. I took his hand as he helped me up. He twirled me around so I could get used to any fast movements I would have to do in the heels. The door opened and Adele walked in and looked at me.

"I need to talk to Ember" Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall and I gave her an odd look. Zayn was in the recording area. I was so happy that he gave me a heads-up yesterday. I followed Adele out of the room. I took a deep breath, I was terrified since I didn't even know if I had done anything wrong, that's if I had anything wrong. We stopped before she turned around and handed me a contract.

"I want you to go over this, but there are a few things you also need to do. Lose weight is one of them" I stood there, mouth open. Me, lose weight? I was lucky if I could gain any. How am I meant to lose weight when I'm already slightly underweight?

"Okay, let me get this right. YOU want ME to lose weight when I'm already too thin, to begin with. I'M ONLY 105 POUNDS, SOMEONE MY HEIGHT NEEDS TO WEIGH MORE THAN THAT, I'M ONLY A SIZE SIX. HOW IS THAT HEALTHY?" I stormed back into the room where everyone was, almost tripping a few times in the process due to how angry I was. I opened the door only to see that everyone was now looking at me, including Zayn who had come out of the recording booth. I sat down, the contract still in hand.

"You can go now Adele, we're trying to record. Oh, and she doesn't need to lose weight either." I watched Liam stand there, his arms crossed over his chest as Zayn slowly went back in to record. Harry came over and removed the contract from my hands. They were honestly all so caring and protective like older brothers would be.

"Don't worry about that, follow me. We'll be back in a bit, okay guys?." Harry took my hand and lead me outside to a set of stairs. As we stood, looking down at the set of stairs it clicked on what he was trying to do. He quickly walked down them and waited for me to follow. I slowly started to decline the stairs without a problem until I reached the second step from the bottom. I clipped the back of the heel, almost moving my foot from under me. I felt Harry catch me quickly before I hit the hard concrete at the bottom of the steps. I couldn't help but blush as I heard him laugh, this is twice in the same amount of days that he's caught me before I got hurt.

"I think we should get rid of the heels and keep the converse." He chuckled again as he helped sit me down on the stairs and undid the small buckles and took the shoes off. How women were able to do this 5 days a week for work or whatever was beyond me. I rubbed my ankles since the straps had been digging in.

I caught a small glimpse of something as if the sun had caught the corner or edge of something shiny and reflected it into my eyes. I looked over and saw what I thought was someone trying to hide. I saw Harry frown out of the corner of my eye and lean in to whisper.

"It's paparazzi isn't it?" I nodded before Harry pulled away and he helped me up from where I was sitting on the stairs. We headed inside and entered the room just as Zayn was coming out of the booth, next in was Liam followed by Niall then Louis before Harry and finally me.

As I stepped in I felt my stomach start doing flips to the point it was making me feel like I would throw up on the spot. I felt my hands and legs shake as I put the headset that was in there on. I put my thumbs up to let them know I was ready. I heard everything come over the headset, and before I knew it I was singing, the nervous feeling I had felt over the last few days disappeared. I saw all the guys smile, which caused me to smile just as much. When I finished I walked out of the room and sat next to Niall who had started eating something as I was recording.

"Whatcha eating?" Niall shrugged as he continued to eat. He picked up the fork and shoved it in front of my face. All I could hear him say was a mumbled 'open'. As soon as I opened my mouth to say something, Niall managed to shove the fork in my mouth before I could say anything. Whatever he was eating, it was it tasted nice, I had to admit that.