Chapter Five

I had all my luggage except for part of my carry-on already packed. The last two to three months had been full of interviews and promo things for the album, getting my in-ears done and ready for the shows, filming a music video as well as practising for the shows. I quickly pulled out one of the book trilogies I owned before putting all three in my carry-on and heading to the door to where Claire was waiting, ready to take me to the airport. I watched as she grabbed one of my bags and helped me take them down to her car before placing them in the trunk and getting in.

"It's going to be so weird not having you around you know, not having our movie nights or talking about cute guys we've seen in uni." I heard the sadness in Claire's voice as she spoke, making me sad at the same time. I watched as we entered the airport parking lot area, realizing this was real and I was travelling. We pulled up to an area where I'd be able to get my stuff out without hassles.

"I'll see you when your holidays start right?" Claire nodded before giving me the biggest hug possible as if it would be the last time she was going to see me. I put my sunglasses on as I got out to grab my bags and headed in. Somehow I managed to run into Harry and security who ended up surrounding us both as we walked through the airport.

"Hope you enjoyed your few days of pre-tour rest Em, it's about to get extra wild when we land. There'll be fans and more paparazzi which I'm sure you're already accustomed to already." I nodded at what Harry had said as we both laughed and were led off to an area of the airport I'd never seen before.

When we entered the area I saw Liam, Louis, Niall and Zayn. Louis was sitting off to the side, away from most of the group. I hugged the rest of the group. Our flight wasn't leaving for a few more hours so we were stuck in there until we had to get onto the plane. All the guys except Louis spoke to me, it hurt not knowing what or if I had done wrong.

When it was time we were all led to the plane, we got to our seats before they started letting people on. I felt a bit better knowing that I was sitting next to Niall. We had a direct flight to LA where the first show was. I opened the first book before Niall looked down at it.

"What book are you reading?" I turned the book cover towards him, he chuckled when he saw the cover. I went back to reading as he tried pulling the book from my hands, I wouldn't let him get away with it, not while I was trying to read. I slapped his arm as Liam and Harry stood up and looked over the tops of our seats before asking the same question Niall had in unison.

"It's Fifty Shades of Grey, I haven't read it before." That's when I heard Louis scoff as the back of his seat was let down. I felt my teeth grind together a little before I 'accidentally' kicked the back of his seat hard enough for him to noticeably move. I tried to get as comfortable as possible until I realized my efforts were futile.

"Liam, can we switch seats by any chance?" He stood up and looked over Niall's seat as I pointed to Louis before he nodded. Niall got up so I could get out, change seats with Liam, and sit next to Harry. I got through a few chapters of my book before Harry leaned over and started reading. He snatched the book from my hands before holding it up so I couldn't get it.

"hey guys, listen to this." He started reading out one of the racier parts of the story causing me to sink into my spot and start blushing. They all chuckled as Louis groaned with frustration. I got my book back, Harry giving me an apologetic look as he did. I continued reading for the rest of the trip, talking occasionally to the guys when they asked me questions. When we landed in Los Angeles we got our bags and had them checked before we headed to the hotel.

"How do you guys deal with this all the time? It's crazy." I asked Zayn as we walked to the vehicles. The bags went in the back as we got in.

"You learn to deal with it, and the sooner the better." He shrugged as I did my seatbelt up before sliding down in the seat. I logged into my Twitter which was now verified, something that I never imagined happening or thought would be attainable and went to the mentions and started reading them. As scrolled through the mentions, there were some nice ones, ones asking for follows and most of them were hate.