Chapter Two

The sunlight crept into the cabin, illuminating the open area and bringing a positive feeling into it

Y/N stared at the untouched bed that lay across from hers. She shook her head and began getting ready for the new day. 

She washed up before putting on her uniform, which was a simple blue ankle-length dress with tight long sleeves. 

She wrote a quick letter to Lucas telling him that soup was on the table. She placed it next to the pot before she walked out of the cabin. 

The girl waved bye to the chickens before she began her trip to Anatasia's home.   

🐀

Anatasia was a rich noblewoman who owned a vineyard and sold various types of wine. The mansion the woman owned was a three-story tall building that contained five bedrooms, three bathrooms, an attic, and a cellar. 

Y/N had found out about the woman when she was selling her own fruits in the market. Anatasia asked her if she wanted to make more money and the girl had quickly accepted. 

"Y/N, you're finally here," a brunette greeted her as she passed her an apron. "I was wondering when you would show up."

Y/N took the apron and tied it around her waist. "I'm not late, am I?"

Julianna shook her head. "No, no. Normally, you're here earlier." She reached into the cupboards and grabbed a cutting board. "The ladies were getting worried, that's all."  

Y/N leaned against the counter. "What does the Madame want today?"

"She is having guests so she wants a large breakfast. Bread, fruits, meat, salads..." She looked over at Y/N with a teasing smile. "Wine."

The girl chuckled. "Of course, we can never forget the wine." She walked over to a small bucket and quickly washed her hands. She walked over to the pile of vegetables and picked up a head of lettuce. 

"I'll handle the salads," Julianna told the girl as she continued to chop vegetables. "Could you be a dear and get started on the chicken? It should be downstairs."

Y/N groaned before nodding, she walked to the kitchen door and started the route to the basement. 

"Thank you!"

She could hear the sound of chopping as she closed the door. Y/N quickly made it down to the basement and went to the place where they normally kept the meats. 

She grabbed a torch and started looking for the chicken. 

She searched the high shelves the low shelves, the cabinets, and crates and still found no chicken. The only thing she could see were piles of crates filled with wine bottles and a few sacks of potatoes. 

There was no meat at all. 

The girl made her way back up the stairs and into the kitchen, "There is nothing down there," she frowned, "Only crates and potatoes."