Chapter Six

The sun was high in the sky and the birds chirped happily as the three started walking to the English camp. After, Y/N had agreed to help Arthur they all slept and got up in the early morning. Y/N told Arthur that Lucas was to be put in no danger, Arthur agreed.  Even with Arthur agreeing she was still on the fence about bringing Lucas.

After some consideration, she decided to leave Lucas near the Château d'Ombrage. 

"So the both of us are creating distractions, right?" the H/C-haired girl asked.

Arthur nodded, "Yes. Mélie will be sneaking them out and we need to make distractions to make sure they get out safely." 

The archer nodded and the two continued on their way to the English camp.

🐀

Arthur and Y/N watched as Mélie sneaked around soldiers and over to Amicia's cage. The two briefly talked before Mélie opened the cage door and started sneaking over to Hugo, who was a little ways away from the duo. 

Y/N held her breath as she watched a soldier shift in his sleep as Mélie and Amicia walked past him.

Two soldiers stood in front of Mélie and Amica.

 A sharp whistle had cut through the air. 

Arthur nodded at Mélie before throwing a rock at a large pile of armor, alerting the English soldiers to it. That routine continued for a few minutes, Y/N on standby because she didn't want to lose any arrows. 

Amicia and Mélie finally came up to the cage that Hugo was held in, soldiers were sneaking and laughing at him before they eventually got tired and walked out. Amicia lowered the cage while Mélie got her lockpicks out. The thief made quick work of the lock and the siblings reunited.

A smile bloomed on her face as she watched Amicia hug Hugo. She could feel the relief oozing off the girl. It was the same relief she felt when she saw her brother after missing him for so long.

Y/N winced when she saw Hugo step on a bottle, jostling the talkative soldier out of their conversation. She watched on as the trio hid behind crates and armor stands. The soldiers quickly became bored with the chase and probably doubted if they heard anything at all, so they walked away from the trio.

Allowing them to traverse through the English camp.

Mélie, Hugo, and Amicia continued to sneak through the English camp, evading soldiers on their way with the help of Arthur. 

Y/N's eyes widened when she saw the log doors open to reveal English soldiers, the soldiers stared Mélie, Amicia, and Hugo down.

Arthur grabbed a barrel of gunpowder and lit it on fire. "Mélie! Run!" He threw it down and it exploded.

The trio escaped in the scuffle and she readied her bow as the archers came into her sights. 

Y/N shot down the soldiers who were advancing toward Amicia and Hugo. All the shots were non-fatal but definitely able to stop someone in their tracks. She continued to shoot the soldiers even as Mélie unlocks the large door.

Y/N shot back at the archers as they targeted Amicia. She ducked down when one of the archers shot at her before standing back up and exchanging some arrows with them in return.

🐀

Sun lightly filtered through the forest canopy as the four figures walked through the forest. Y/N and Arthur had gotten split up throughout the entire commotion, however, she was lucky to find the others. 

The four of them had been walking in silence after Mélie had told them they would be hiding out at a place her brother and she knew.

Y/N could feel the stare from Amicia, burning the back of her head. After thinking about it she turned and looked at the girl with a smile. 

"I'm Y/N," she introduced herself. 

"Amicia," the girl answered simply, "and this is Hugo." She motioned to the small boy next to her. The boy waved at Y/N with a bright smile. 

The archer smiled back before looking back up at Amicia, "I want to thank you for looking after my brother." 

Amicia's eyes widened, "Brother?"

"Yes," she nodded. "Lucas is my brother, I couldn't find him when I went to Laurentius' estate and I thought the worst had happened to him. But I found out he was with two other people." 

Y/N could tell that a question was on the tip of Amicia's tongue, so she decided to answer it for her. "We don't have the same parents," she explained simply.

Amicia nodded, "Okay." 

"Lucas is waiting near the château if you're wondering," Y/N also told her. She could see the relief in the girl's eyes. "I didn't want anything to happen to him, so--"

Y/N was interrupted by Hugo's whimper of pain. Amicia ran over to Hugo who was holding his head. Y/N watched on as Amicia calmed down Hugo. 

She was a little concerned for the De Rune siblings. She didn't know much about them but she could tell that they meant well and that they were in a bad situation. She hoped to learn more about the siblings but until then she had to focus on getting to the safe house Mélie was talking about.

.

.

.

.

Hello! I wanted to say thank you to all the new readers, I appreciate all of you. While these chapters are pre-written, they were written so long ago that they don't align with my current writing style. That means I have to re-edit every chapter. I say all of that to say please be patient with updates, I have a lot of books I'm trying to finish along with my hectic life. So I appreciate everyone's patience. 
~Pink