Chapter Thirteen

The morning air was cold and unforgiving. Light weakly bled into the castle due to the dust and frost-covered windows. The intense beating of the girl's heart rang through her ears as she ran around the castle's west wing.

Hugo was missing. 

No one knew how long. 

Amicia was furious when she found out her brother was missing she yelled at the twins for their insolence before running around the castle like a headless chicken. 

Y/N completely understood how Amicia felt, she had felt the same way when Lucas went missing. She was always scared and constantly wondered if she would ever see him again.

She frowned when she finished checking the entirety of the west wing. She sighed before going back down to the main room. 

"Did you find him?" Arthur asked as soon as she entered the room. 

She shook her head. "I couldn't find him anywhere," she bit her lip and paced around, "I searched every room, cabinet, and wardrobe. He's nowhere to be found." 

The archer looked around the room, everyone was there except for Amicia, "Where is Amicia?" 

Rodric looked out the window. "I'm not sure. I think she is still looking for Hugo." 

She crossed her arms. "I know, but still," she stopped pacing, "It's been a while, she should have been back by now."

 🐀

Y/N sat in front of the window, she had done her best to clean it, however, it didn't help much. Losing Amicia and Hugo was taking a toll on the group. It had been nearly three days since they saw the siblings. 

Everyone had searched for hours but the searches ended up empty. Y/N sighed as she stared at the snowy ground. She wondered about where Amicia was and if she was with Hugo. 

I should look for her at least one more time, she thought to herself as she stood up and grabbed her shawl.

She went to the main room where the fireplace was, everyone was usually inside the castle because of the cold. "I'm going out to look for Amicia," she looked around the room, "does anyone want to come with me?" 

Rodric and Lucas volunteered to go, while the twins stayed back to watch over the castle in case Amicia came back. 

Lucas and the two teens decided to split up to search the woods. 

🐀

Y/N's eyes widened when she saw a glimpse of a person, she walked over to the ditch and her eyes widened, "Amicia?"

She turned away from the hole and scanned the woods, "Rodric! Lucas! I found Amicia," she called to the two boys. They both came quickly, "Let's get her home."

Rodric picked Amicia up and began to carry her back to the castle. 

 🐀

Y/N frowned as she stirred the pot that hung over the open flame. Amicia had a fever and showed no signs of getting better. She wondered if Amicia had been in the ditch the entire time or if she had recently tripped. Either way, she wasn't in good shape. 

Lucas took the responsibility of watching over Amicia, while Y/N decided to make the group some soup. Y/N dropped carrots into the broth before grabbing a towel and wiping her hands. She sighed and closed her eyes allowing her thought to drift. 

Where is Hugo? She thought to herself. Amicia had been found by herself, no Hugo in sight. Y/N was glad that she had found Amicia but that didn't mean she didn't worry about the other De Rune sibling. 

Arthur peeked into the kitchen, "Is the soup done yet?" 

Y/N picked up the ladle and stir the pot. "Not yet," she looked over at him, "It'll probably be finished in a few minutes." 

She placed the ladle down and turned to look at him, "How is Amicia doing?"

He smiled. "Your brother is special, her fever is going down," he leaned against the island, "She might even wake up tonight." 

Y/N grinned, "Thank goodness, I was worried." 

"Y/N!" 

Lucas ran into the room, "Amicia is awake," he told her as he tried to catch his breath. 

She and Arthur followed Lucas to Amicia's room. Y/N scrutinized her, "Are you okay?"

Amicia looked around in confusion, "What happened? Where is Hugo?" 

Lucas walked over to her. "You were missing for two and a half days," he looked over at his sister. "Y/N had found you a few hours ago, if she hadn't found you..." 

Y/N stepped up, "We're just glad you're safe and okay." 

Amicia looked down at her lap, "Did anyone find Hugo?"

The room was silent and everyone looked away from Amicia. 

"Amicia, I-"

"I want to be alone," Amicia interrupted her before laying down on her side, her back facing the rest of the group.

Y/N nodded even though the girl couldn't see her, "If you feel up to it, there is soup in the kitchen." 

With that Lucas, Rodric, and Y/N left and closed the door after themselves.