Chapter Four

The sun warmed the girl's back as she walked to the village. 

After crying for a few hours she decided that it was still a possibility her brother was alive. There was a chance he had escaped the flames and went to find help.

Everyone in the nearby village knew the two siblings so the girl decided to check there first.

Any chance at the opportunity of seeing her brother again seemed worth it. 

She didn't know what she'd do without him. 

 🐀

"Have you seen my brother?" she asked for the fifth time. 

The woman across from her sadly shook her head, "I'm sorry I haven't seen him." 

Y/N sighed before nodding her head. "Thank you," she turned around to continue looking for possible leads.

After searching for an hour she decided to go back to the cabin and see if Lucas had returned to their home.

She waved goodbye to Madame May and set off on her journey back home. 

🐀

She frowned as she looked around the room. Everything was as she left it, not a single thing was touched.

She screamed in frustration before going over to her bed and collapsing on it. Tears streamed down her face as she looked over at the empty bed across from her. 

Her face was hot and she felt like there was a knot in her stomach. 

Her brother was missing, her only blood. No one had seen him and the chances that he survived the night were slim. Especially since he had been missing for days. 

Y/N thought back to when she had last seen him. She argued with him and yelled at him, simply because he wanted to ensure the safety of his mentor. 

She wished she had handled the situation differently, wished she'd talked to him more instead of yelling at him.

Y/N thought over her current options. She could either stay in the cabin and resume life as usual or she go and look for her brother. 

She wiped the tears from her face before standing up with a determined look on her face.

She walked over to her bag and threw it on before going around the small cabin and gathering fruits and some alchemy items.

Lastly, she grabbed her bow and a few arrows. 

After she got everything she wanted. She gave one last look at the room before walking out. 

She was going to find her brother even if that meant she would have to fight a hundred rats. 

🐀

Y/N smiled as she walked to the entrance of the market. Something was telling her that, asking around now would provide a different response.

The girl asked around for her brother and received 'no's. She was about to give up when a woman came up to her.  

The woman was a person she was slightly familiar with, she had seen Lucas go to her often for herbs and such. 

"You're looking for Lucas?" The woman asked. 

Y/N smiled and nodded frantically, "Yes, I am. Have you seen him?"

"Yes," the woman answered with a smile. "He was going down the stream with two other kids. I was wondering where you were but, he was gone before I could ask that question." She explained with a frown. 

"Which stream? What direction was he going in?"

The woman pointed her in the right direction before offering her good luck and wishing her goodbye.

He was going downstream, a stream that was near their home. Y/N thought about going back home to search for him but decided against it. 

With that information, Y/N thanked the woman and started going on her way.