Part 8

"Who's your Damiboo?" a girl with ombre orange hair asked, looking at a different girl with sausage hair.

"Damian Wayne, of course! We've known each other since we were five!" Damian was about to laugh at the girl's outrageous lie, but managed to turn it into a hacking cough.

Marinette looked at him, concerned. He smiled, mirth still dancing in his eyes. "I'm fine. I just swallowed my spit wrong." Marinette's look turned doubtful, but she let the subject drop.

Grayson led them over to a bus and the class got on. "Let's sit in the front. It'll be easier to see the city as we drive through."

Looking towards the back of the vehicle, Damian knew that wasn't the only reason. All of her friends-turned-bullies were sitting there. His brother turned to him. "Are you sitting with Chloe Bourgeois and her friends?"

"Perhaps." He heard Marinette laugh at something one of the blondes said and nodded. "Yes, I think I will. We didn't introduce ourselves, did we? I know we said that we were from Wayne Enterprises, but did we tell them our names?"

Grayson shook his head. "We need to tell them when we get to the gardens."

Damian thought about what he'd heard the girl he assumed to be Liar-la say. "No, we should give them fake names. There's a pathological liar in the class that I would like to oust before she ruins someone's life. She's already spreading rumors about our family and destroying my hard-earned reputation."

"Well, Jon, I'm Garfield, nice to meet you. No one spreads lies about our family." Damian smirked at his brother's words. He knew the man would understand. His smirk dropped as he recalled what Grayson had called him.

"Wait, why do I have to be Jon? Are you trying to forcibly make me act happy? Not happening!" It became evident that Marinette could hear their conversation through Damian's thoughts when her voice drifted into his head.

"I think it would be adorable to see you show large amounts of exuberance. I know you rarely show emotion, so it would be interesting to see you act out of character."

"It's not happening. I can be Killian. He's the most tolerable person currently available for me to pose as. Or, better idea, I could just be Hayden Woods."

He could tell that Dick was weighing the pros and cons of each alias. "Go with Hayden. I'll be Tyson Bowling. They both match our personalities best."

"We'll talk when we arrive at the gardens. Endeavor not to make a mess of this one. Call Father and inform him of the plan. I must go do what he requested of me and socialize with these buffoons."

Dick looked like he wanted to say something to his youngest brother, but Damian walked off before he could. Bruce's eldest sighed. Damian was smart, but would likely never find someone who could truly crack his shell.

The Demon Spawn wouldn't let them.